Did you know that if a burnt-in cable was unused for, like, month, it burns-out and must be re-burned-in?
May 18, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #47 of 57
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #48 of 57
Cool, now i dont have to have but one set of headphones
biggrin.gif

All i have to do is burn them in for a different type of music and my Grados will sound like Sennheisers and i can make my Sennheisers sound like Grados
biggrin.gif

Yayyyyy!!!!
biggrin.gif

Pfffft!..... 'scuse me
wink.gif

May 22, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #49 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where? 6 Moons?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

....or Positive Feedback?
Stereovile, TAS, ...

cables and snakes, snakes and cables!!!

May 23, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #50 of 57
Singing to cables doesn't work. I've tried. Singing to my iPod, however really loosened up the highs and gave the sound a more expansive soundstage.

(This thread is proof of my signature.
biggrin.gif
)

May 23, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #51 of 57
The main cables and the cables in the house are 90% of the soundquality, to get the best sound out of them you need to cool them down below 0°C and keep theme there (I usually don't listen to music at summertime but when it's winter I put a big jacket on me and turn of the heating in the house) You also has to (as said before) keep playing music through them. The cool temperature of the cables make it easier for the electrons to move, it's like sliding on ice if you want something to compare with. The skin effect dissapears almost completely and the electrons can travel at the same speed everywhere in the cable. The absolute best way to get good sound is to cool down the entire soundsystem to −273,15 °C, −459,67 °F This can be a little troublesome though because the cd-drivemekanism won't work optimal. But when you succeed with this you have music that travles faster than the speed of light, It's like sliding on wet ice with a rocket on your back, but faster!!! This is something Nordost should think about.

May 23, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #52 of 57
Superconducting headphone cables are seriously underrated. Just make sure you don't put your tongue onto them ...

May 24, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #54 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just read that...

You gotta be kidding me... right?
confused.gif

May 24, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #57 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
assuming you believe in burn in (and for cables in particular), which i do, this is pretty obvious. if something sits for too long, things will settle.

SoundStage! The Y-Files - EAResponsible Wiring (5/2000)

The part in bold is the key to the answer...I do not...Burn in is just noticeable in electro-mechanical and mechanical devices, nothing to settle electronically, that has been proved yet, that will not settle in half and hour...but that is a topic for a long duscussion not the purpose of this thread...

Srajan is getting senile, the only thing really cool in that article is the pictures of the toasters!!!!

If you beelive, good for you, do not forget ot burn in cable again, everytime you let them rest for two hours...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back