Did you buy K701's NEW? USED?
Mar 7, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #16 of 65
I got mine used (free) from ASR and believe they are well broken in. Also what is everybodys Serial # as I don't think there are many less than mine: 2229

Mar 7, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #22 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by crewchief /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK three guys have posted after me and still no serial #

Mine were bought used, serial #1839.
In another thread, that is about whether the serial # of the k701's appear on the left or right, I know I saw a few other head-fi'ers with lower serial #'s than mine. The lowest, that I can recall at this moment, was something in the 14XX range.

Mar 7, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #23 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by crewchief /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK three guys have posted after me and still no serial #

#21356 I don't know if you or anyone is still paying any attention to this thread but I hope this helps.

Mar 7, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #24 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine were bought used, serial #1839.
In another thread, that is about whether the serial # of the k701's appear on the left or right, I know I saw a few other head-fi'ers with lower serial #'s than mine. The lowest, that I can recall at this moment, was something in the 14XX range.

The 1400's? Mine are pretty new, I suppose thats why mine are in the 21,000's. It looks as if there are two places where the number could be placed, but I only have one on the left.

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #25 of 65
Bought my first pair new from TTVJ for $195 when they were first promotionally released on the market, and had Drew at Moon Audio re-cable them with the Silver Dragon V2.

Swapped my Proline 2500 for the second pair, used, from Mr.LA (had about $240 into the 2500 at the time), then had Brad at RAL re-cable them with the Paradise Cryo-Silver. These have become my long-standing "reference" for about the past year.

The only other headphone I'll sometmes choose over the K701 are the K501. : )

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #26 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bought my first pair new from TTVJ for $195 when they were first promotionally released on the market, and had Drew at Moon Audio re-cable them with the Silver Dragon V2.

Swapped my Proline 2500 for the second pair, used, from Mr.LA (had about $240 into the 2500 at the time), then had Brad at RAL re-cable them with the Paradise Cryo-Silver. These have become my long-standing "reference" for about the past year.

The only other headphone I'll sometmes choose over the K701 are the K501. : )

Makes me curious to try the recabled K701 since my K501 can't stay off my head.

Mar 8, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #28 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by adam_greb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks as if there are two places where the number could be placed, but I only have one on the left.

This is the same deal with mine as well. I don't know what that guy earlier was talking about having two numbers to choose from.
confused.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #29 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by jh4db536 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i bought two used K701 (<10 hours)
single ended & balanced versions

Do you notice any significant differences between the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back