Did the Skullcandy brand gain respect here?
Mar 9, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #2 of 32
As far as I've seen (and personally briefly heard) there is no reason for them to be considered over any similarily priced headphone from grado/senn.

Mar 9, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #6 of 32
I tried one on and it had horrendous sound quality!
biggrin.gif
I've seen dozens of people on campus with Skullcandy headphones during recent months though.

Mar 9, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #11 of 32
One of my friends had a pair - they sounded horrible, even worse than EX51s - but they broke and I've since converted him to FX33s.
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #12 of 32
My friend has one with the powered "subwoofer" function. It's like an on-head vibrator/massage thing. Fart-cannon.

Mar 9, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #14 of 32
Assumptions. So many assumptions. Please don't post BS opinions if you didn't even hear them.

The smokin' buds are significantly better than the EX51's. And to me, the FX33's. Yes, the bass may be over powering but they don't sound hollow and artificial. For $10, I'd say they're better than the marshmallows. Just interchange the tips with ones from EX series or whatever.

As for the larger headphones, yes, they're crap for the price. That doesn't mean they sound bad. They sound decent enough to listen to. I even heard some say the lowrider ones are lacking bass and excel in highs - something unheard of from the skullcandy brand.

Mar 9, 2007 at 6:58 AM Post #15 of 32
I"m an industrial design major,, and it absolutely ashames me that a few of my classmates wear them,,,, i say wear because obviously their function is not one of sound quality, but rather one of fashion, i try to be respectful, but they absolutely sound like crap, diaretic bass and no control whatsoever, really horrible, an obvious example of form over function. i truley despise them. in fact i've become known to judge a person's design capability by headphone choice.
and skullcrappy is at the end,, next to rosebuds.

and i HAVE listened to them, while they listen to my dt's or my 325's,,,, the only response i get is "well, i think it's silly to spend that much on headphones."
while they will drop 2 grand on a silly eames chair.
my response is usually "px100" or "portapro" or "es7"
actually i have converted a few to the px's, but more than that,, and it's "silly"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back