Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor?
Sep 2, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #601 of 1,046

Hi icebar,

Thanks for your comment.
Cheers!

If you read the posting guidelines and you don't get the idea that you crossed the lines yourself, then I guess any explanation why your post has been deleted is a waste of time. When you go to someone's forum and the owner and moderators expect you to stick to some good manners and you don't, then just don't start to cry foul and censorship.
I am most likely double as old as you are, as you were trying to round up the "young members" for support and my experience so far, life is pretty good to you if are friendly to others.
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #602 of 1,046
Mmm... Let's just go back to the topic and not fuel further nonsensical discussions that has nothing to do with the Orpheus 2. What's done is done. No need to comment further because it does not serve any purpose. The mods have acted. Let us respect their decision and leave it at that. This is a private forum and we are obligated to follow the rules of the forum and enforcement thereof is at the sole discretion of the moderators or administrator. We are not paying members so any sense of entitlement is just plain b.s. If you feel aggrieved, take your grievance elsewhere.

Hear, hear! I have so much to say about this issue and the repulsive post that has started it but I won't say a word b/c this forum is dedicated to our beloved hobby related to HEADPHONES. Furthermore, I have nothing to do with Germany or german people I just dislike to see troublemakers showing up and stirring up crap. You do them a favour anytime you engage in a conversation with them/quote them, etc. Best you can do is to ignore them...even though it's kinda hard! :)

But after all this mindless baloney all I want is more info on this model and a price tag! :D

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #605 of 1,046
The minimum standard for bad humor should be that it is at least funny to most people. One crowd could read the post and take unintentional offense with race genocide etc etc but is their anyone that will say that was a funny post?

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #606 of 1,046
  Yeah, that's all we've left...guessing the price tag...as Sennheiser won't reveal more info about them! :frowning2:

- Sennheiser WILL reveal more info within the next weeks!
- No need to guess the price tag, the $40K info IS reliable =)

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #607 of 1,046

- No need to guess the price tag, the $40K info IS reliable =)

So I finally finished reading this thread from start to finish and this last post sums up the entire thing...and ironically current society as well.

No that info is NOT reliable.  Dr. Gilmore took a guess at MSRP and all of a sudden it's being regurgitated in this thread as gospel and fact.  "Guys I read something in type on the internet....it has to be true!!"

We know practically nothing about this headphone other than the fact that it exists.  We have sub-par photography of it and not a single shot of the headphone itself outside of the case.

I'm not sure what more humorous.  People taking the $40k figure as gospel and running with it or people trying to defend the quality of their gear against something they have never heard nor will hear for quite some time?

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #608 of 1,046
Alright, let's wait & see.

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #609 of 1,046

So I finally finished reading this thread from start to finish and this last post sums up the entire thing...and ironically current society as well.

No that info is NOT reliable.  Dr. Gilmore took a guess at MSRP and all of a sudden it's being regurgitated in this thread as gospel and fact.  "Guys I read something in type on the internet....it has to be true!!"

We know practically nothing about this headphone other than the fact that it exists.  We have sub-par photography of it and not a single shot of the headphone itself outside of the case.

I'm not sure what more humorous.  People taking the $40k figure as gospel and running with it or people trying to defend the quality of their gear against something they have never heard nor will hear for quite some time?

Someone heard from someone who is a someone for Sennheiser rep that the price is $44k.

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #610 of 1,046
If NOMAX say it´s about 45.000 euros, then i think you can be 99% sure of that its really true.
As i know he has a good contact to some manufacturer and is our Headphone Guru in Europe.

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #611 of 1,046
Sennheiser's pricing structure has been somewhat inequitable in the past when it comes to international sales, but with a product like this they're more likely to adhere to current exchange rates. Does anybody know how North American and Asian pricing was handled with the original Orpheus?

Sep 2, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #613 of 1,046

If it is just a guess, it is a very educated one at that.  A guy at his level probably had to turn down Sennheiser request of designing an amp for them.   If I were to work for Sennheiser, I would send him a prototype sample and get opinion on the new electrostatic amp/headphone.  Again, this is a speculation on my part, but he did know of the SR009 nearly a year before it was released.  Same can be said with this new electrostatic setup from Sennheiser.  He mentioned this over the other site over a year ago. 

Sep 2, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #614 of 1,046
  so what are people thinking price wise.

im thinking 20 to 30 thousand US$.

also has anyone figured out what the F the "stones" are?

I guess you weren't part of this thread earlier, the speculated price has already been brought up extensively and almost completely derailed this entire thread. Just please go back a few pages and read so we don't have it brought up again, thank you

Sep 2, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #615 of 1,046
  I guess you weren't part of this thread earlier, the speculated price has already been brought up extensively and almost completely derailed this entire thread. Just please go back a few pages and read so we don't have it brought up again, thank you

calm down mr snippy.

i was only asking (actually was vauglely tring to get the thread back on a non nazi relivent theme but no lets just snap at people instead.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back