Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor?
Aug 29, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #438 of 1,046
  I've 12 hours between 2x Orpheus.. 009 is the much better phone.

Orhpeus is kind of fun/novel. Strawberry milk vs crystal clear water. You'll see.
New product will be quite good, though it depends on the whole/rest of the design. Probably on equal grounds for transients with the 009.
Marble/granite is an obvious and good idea. depends on the whole design. It may possibly be quite good. Overall the 009 is a very, very, very good product though.

You probably didn't know that an amp like the DIYT2 will push the HE90 to a new height also.  I have both the HE90 & SR009 out of the T2 and the HE90 is pretty darn great.

Aug 29, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #439 of 1,046
mmm.....not sure if it is a good idea to tag team the Orpheus 2 (not a fan of the naming convention here; why? because it reminds me of Hollywood movie sequels: the sequel ALWAYS sucks). Why not name it with a Gernan-sounding and stern-sounding  Valkyrie? It sounds frightful, as in, i'll Valkyrie your ass, ya' hear? See what I mean: I just shivered. BTT, the Teton/ HD800 pairing is like an NBA team all-star vs. a single NBA team (and you are poaching a player from Team Sennheiser, to boot). I'm not sure that's fair: for my Headphones Fantasy League, I prefer players  from the same company for the headphones system shoot-out. Also, this is also about prestige: establishing the headphones company that can take The crown.

Aug 29, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #440 of 1,046
  mmm.....not sure if it is a good idea to tag team the Orpheus 2 (not a fan of the naming convention here; why? because it reminds me of Hollywood movie sequels: the sequel ALWAYS sucks). Why not name it with a Gernan-sounding and stern-sounding  Valkyrie? It sounds frightful, as in, i'll Valkyrie your ass, ya' hear? See what I mean: I just shivered. BTT, the Teton/ HD800 pairing is like an NBA team all-star vs. a single NBA team (and you are poaching a player from Team Sennheiser, to boot). I'm not sure that's fair: for my Headphones Fantasy League, I prefer players  from the same company for the headphones system shoot-out. Also, this is also about prestige: establishing the headphones company that can take The crown.

Calling it the "Valkyrie" makes it sound too much like a Schiit product, since they name all their stuff after things from Norse Mythology.  Haha.

Aug 29, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #441 of 1,046
mmm.....ya, you're right. How about Nibelungenlied? Or Siegfred (that would be the mysterious-looking and massive headphone..........................and Roy (for the controversial amp clad in Ferrari marble)?  Or, if you want political, The Angela Merkel (love her to bits. She rocks and eats Greece for breakfast).Works for you?  

Aug 29, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #442 of 1,046
  mmm.....ya, you're right. How about Nibelungenlied? Or Siegfred (that would be the mysterious-looking and massive headphone..........................and Roy (for the controversial amp clad in Ferrari marble)?  Or, if you want political, The Angela Merkel (love her to bits. She rocks and eats Greece for breakfast).Works for you?  

Or we could break away from Western mythology and turn to the east.  How about the Sennheiser Susano'o?  The Shinto Storm-God of headphones?
rolleyes.gif

Aug 30, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #445 of 1,046
From the Sennheiser Reshaping Excellence site:

A sound force from a distant era is being reborn in this world ... its magnificence will eclipse all sound experiences ever known. It will be an edifice of glory and virtue, towering unchallenged over the soundscape and beyond.

Can't wait to see how my 96kbps mp3 of Raffi - The Wheels on the Bus will sound...

Aug 30, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #450 of 1,046
Thats what I found too it scales very well like the Stax 007/009.
To me the the Orpheus is a more euphonic and a little rose tinted/warmer presentation than the 009. The macro detail is all there but not quite so highlighted as the Stax. But have different strengths and "lesser strengths" rather than weaknesses compared to each other and other headphones. It really depends which flavour you prefer.
Someone made comparison earlier to the Sony R10 and whilst its one of the greatest dynamics ever produced IMO it too is euphonic, and is veering to the warm side of neutral which is very appealing, but somewhat different from either Orpheus or 009.

Quote:
  You probably didn't know that an amp like the DIYT2 will push the HE90 to a new height also.  I have both the HE90 & SR009 out of the T2 and the HE90 is pretty darn great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back