Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor?
Aug 28, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #346 of 1,046
Regardless of how good it sounds, you KNOW anyone that buys it will have full on expectation bias, and say it is the second coming of audio Christ.

I hope we get some legitimately objective reviewers who only get it for reviewing purposes.

As Beagle said, this thing being too far north of any other headphone in price is just overkill for headphone purposes. If anything, Sennheiser should make it competitive with the SR-009 and Abyss, nothing more. Being exorbitantly priced helps no one, especially not the actual progression of audio technology/standards. But then again, I live in the real world. I'm far from the 1%.

Aug 28, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #347 of 1,046
Regardless of how good it sounds, you KNOW anyone that buys it will have full on expectation bias, and say it is the second coming of audio Christ.

I hope we get some legitimately objective reviewers who only get it for reviewing purposes.

As Beagle said, this thing being too far north of any other headphone in price is just overkill for headphone purposes. If anything, Sennheiser should make it competitive with the SR-009 and Abyss, nothing more. Being exorbitantly priced helps no one, especially not the actual progression of audio technology/standards. But then again, I live in the real world. I'm far from the 1%.

I'm pretty sure that plenty of people IN the 1% or 0.1% would agree with you, as well.  After all, many of the wealthiest people becamse so wealthy partly by being so good at managing money and not having a tendency to waste it frivolously.  Just look at someone like Warren Buffet.  Dude is a multi-billionaire.  But I bet if he was an audiophile, he'd be the number one guy out there saying that this new thing from Sennheiser is just plain stupid, haha.

Aug 28, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #348 of 1,046
I sure would be interested if something comparable to the Orpheus comes out. It seems the best electrostats are still limited to only SR-007 and 009 from Stax. Hopefully we can find a way to influence the makers to keep the price down though. Looks like Warren was there too - did you get the chance to hear these new successors?

Aug 28, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #350 of 1,046
Sorry Guy's it looks like something you would find in Tony Soprano's bathroom in Wayne, New Jersey. Lots of marble and shiny stuff, pretty garish and tacky.

Aug 28, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #351 of 1,046

How can you tell, just looking at pictures?  
wink.gif

mmmm.....because if we base it on the lore/mystic of the Orpheus, this STFUTOTL will be as special if not more special than its predecessor. As I understand the story of the Orpheus, Sennheiser gave its engineers and product designers the keys to the kingdom: make the best headphone system in the world, irrespective of cost. The rest is history. No other headphone company has done that since the 1990s. Sennheiser has set the bar and it is hard to believe that they will not aim to surpass that bar. Have they succeeded? Only time will tell but I think it is a safe bet to say that they have done that. Isn't that worthy of respect?

Aug 28, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #352 of 1,046
Aug 28, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #354 of 1,046
Aug 29, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #356 of 1,046
  WTS SENNHEISER ORPHEUS $25000 PRICE IS NEGOTIABLE PM ME PLS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELEASE OF SENNHEISER ORPHEUS 2

Was possibly interested...until I read your profile 
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #357 of 1,046

So 1% annualized? That's a god awful investment

Isn't that what you do with an investment?

How about putting that as a down payment on a house, something that usually increases in value, usually brings enjoyment, and means you don't have to rent. Triple play!

mmm.......not valid. This Orpheus successor is meant for folks with a house or two or three, a car or two or three or a dozen totl headphones or two or three.........but this is not just a matter of looking at it from the fiscal point of view but from the POV of  intangible benefits: the enjoyment part that this will bring to the lucky few. I think of it as an investment in mental health. How do you put a price tag on that? If you are a true-blue headphile or a true- blue music lover, like we are, then you'd understand...................................... And I want to listen to Air Supply on The Rig!!!!

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #358 of 1,046
Maybe my hype gauge has finally busted, but honestly...none of this excites me. The original Orpheus looks like art. This looks like someone cobbled a bunch of stuff together from Home Depot. I'm sure it'll sound out of this world though.

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #359 of 1,046
It's Holy Cow's Sister, she's udderly beautiful:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back