Did my iPhone amp open up or is it placebo??
Aug 21, 2009 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ricthaman

500+ Head-Fier
Well,

after the OS3.0 upgrade I (just like many) noticed a sound change. But my UE TF10 were suddenly lacking bass. I wondered why this came so, audio nut as I am, I went researching.

Finally I came to a point where I decided to Jailbreak my iPhone and try a volume unlock. It worked! It is as if the internal amp can breathe free now and the sound is much fuller (at least with the TF10's). Lows are present and deep, Highs are more pronounced and clear.

I remembered this was what happened on several older Sony EU capped units.

If somebody likes to try it, please report you findings!!

RGDS

Aug 21, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 7
may i know what is "jailbreaking" in an iphone?
redface.gif

Aug 21, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting. It's probably placebo or the illusion from slightly higher volume. Without volume matching two of them there's no sure way to tell.

This.

Volume matching is the biggest culprit for many supposed 'improvements' that people determine with regards to new firmware, software, IC, etc.

Aug 22, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #6 of 7
Jailbreaking is like.... "hacking" the phone but not really. It allows you to take more of an open source look at the phone and install 3rd party apps and stuff without the iTunes store. THey are apps that people can make and add.

Some are really good and you can install custom themes to the ipod and do little tweaks and stuff. If you get past all of the risks you might be able to find something really useful that you can use.

Aug 24, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #7 of 7
I have been thinking my 32 gig iPhone 3Gs sounds much better in sound quality, openess, air, bass content, than both my 80 gig ipod and G1 4 gig iphone.

In fact, thinking about selling my ipod. Has anyone experienced this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back