Did my 325i come with a WIDE leather headband?
Apr 3, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by allenf
Looks like my MS2is bought December 2005 came with the wide headband too
biggrin.gif

Ah, my headphones are like that too. I looked at the Grado site for the 325i and mine are bent out and wide, not it.

Here's a comparison I just did, to set things straight (for myself mostly, heh). Sorry for the bad picture quality, cell phone! There is the thin version, clearly seen on the left, and the 'fat' version, clearly seen on the right. Notice how much it widens a few cm's above the band.

EDIT: Again, mine are ~3.7 cm wide at the widest point. Just look at the picture and it will be 100% clear.

Apr 3, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #32 of 42
My 325i's have the same wide headband. It's really comfortable.
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #33 of 42
My SR325i has the same headband as the one shown on the Grado official picture. I am not very convinced it is real leather because it really doesn't feel or smell like real leather! On the contrary, the OP's SR325i headband does look like leather!

Apr 3, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #35 of 42
My old pair had a headband like the one shown on the Grado site. Hopefully JG has now started including this wider headband with all 325is because I plan to replace the pair I sold soon.

Apr 3, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitoedleon
Mine came with the wide headband too. I bought mine in January of this year.

I bought mine in August from Headroom shortly (a couple months I think) after they moved to the 50th anniversary 325i. Mine has the wide headband.

Apr 4, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #37 of 42
here you go...my 325i w/wide headband compared with a sd memory card, ipod charger, and nano. it's one and seven-sixteenths inches wide(1.4375").
_MG_3080.jpg

Apr 4, 2006 at 7:00 AM Post #39 of 42
i have my rs-2 in front of me and it measures ~3.85 cm and it's real leather with padding on the bottom. u can't feel the metal band from the bottom only the top.

Apr 4, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #41 of 42
Yeah, I'm still not convinced here. The two pics of the 325s look essentially the same to me - the slight change in how the band widens could be production variance or just the camera angle.

My headband seems to be like the one in Grado's pics but it measures as wide as the RS one. I would say there is some thin padding along with the double layer of leather on the bottom. The metal band is not visible in the contour of mine either.

Ok, someone with a NARROW band measure that!

LOL, we're crazy.

Apr 4, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehawk
Yeah, I'm still not convinced here. The two pics of the 325s look essentially the same to me - the slight change in how the band widens could be production variance or just the camera angle.

My headband seems to be like the one in Grado's pics but it measures as wide as the RS one. I would say there is some thin padding along with the double layer of leather on the bottom. The metal band is not visible in the contour of mine either.

Ok, someone with a NARROW band measure that!

LOL, we're crazy.

If it measures as wide as the one in the Grado pics then I'd say you have the wide one. The amount of padding is something that will be hard to tell from person to person, so avoiding that as a method of differentiation would be a good idea IMO. I think the ways to tell would be - measure at the widest point? The wide ones are about 3.7 cm wide. And, instead of having a smooth and constant width, the 'wide' band balloons out noticeably at the beginning of the band. Definitely not a camera angle thing. I doubted this at first, and then I looked at the pic on the grado site and the headphone I had...very different. Take another close look at the pics posted, you'll see what we mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back