Did my 325i come with a WIDE leather headband?
Apr 3, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #16 of 42
Huh, those look like the SR325i I tried before the ones I bought. The ones I bought last month also have the same, wide headband. They don't appear padded to me though, just the thickness of the leather which appears to be double wrapped on the bottom. I was under the impression this was one of the upgrades from the 225 - the pics on Grado's site also look the same to me as the ones posted here & on my cans.

If you look at the RS series pad it doesn't look quite the same to me - it is looks even wider and has obvious padding bulges on the bottom.

Apr 3, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #17 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehawk
Huh, those look like the SR325i I tried before the ones I bought. The ones I bought last month also have the same, wide headband. They don't appear padded to me though, just the thickness of the leather which appears to be double wrapped on the bottom. I was under the impression this was one of the upgrades from the 225 - the pics on Grado's site also look the same to me as the ones posted here & on my cans.

If you look at the RS series pad it doesn't look quite the same to me - it is looks even wider and has obvious padding bulges on the bottom.

Maybe because the RS series has smaller cups in comparison to the 325i? They ARE called "Fatboys" for a reason!

Apr 3, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #18 of 42
Quote:

My MS2i hs the same bulges you describe - and as visible on the promo photos for the RSs - they are caused by the leather bulging because the inner radius of the band is shorter than the outer radius.
This explains why I find my Alessandros so comfortable
wink.gif

And thanks to the OP for cheering me up this afternoon (I had root canal surgery at the Dentist this morning)
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 4:13 PM Post #19 of 42
Right, I was judging width by comparing the size relative to the L/R slider adjuster thing where it does seem like the RS band *might* be wider. As for the bulges, well it's a pic - I can't tell, I figured it was the leather too though
smily_headphones1.gif

So the question is - is the headband on Grado's site for the 325i and RS the same? Looks like it is.

Apr 3, 2006 at 4:17 PM Post #20 of 42
I wonder if you could provide some measurements of the band and some close-up pictures? The band on my 325i looks about the same size but I can't really tell. Is yours real leather or pleather?

Apr 3, 2006 at 4:18 PM Post #21 of 42
Quote:

Right, I was judging width by comparing the size relative to the L/R slider adjuster thing where it does seem like the RS band *might* be wider. As for the bulges, well it's a pic - I can't tell, I figured it was the leather too though
smily_headphones1.gif

So the question is - is the headband on Grado's site for the 325i and RS the same? Looks like it is.

No - it's different.
There is a thread somewhere here which explains that on occasion JG has used RS bands on the 325i because of supply difficulties.

Apr 3, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #24 of 42
I don't have a pair of RS1s to hand unfortunately (
biggrin.gif
), but looking at the Grado website I can see that my Alessandros definitely don't have the 325i band, and allowing for the small cups on the RS series probably do have the RS band - although the texture of the leather looks different.
Obsessing over the pictures, the band on the RS2 looks wider than that of the RS1. Time to cool off with some TV before the credit card comes out
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #26 of 42
the typical headband that comes with the ms2i/325i are really uncomfortable for the weight of the cans. if they all came with the wider headband, i might not have ever let my ms2 go. comfort was a big issue for me and with the original headband, the top of my head would hurt after an hour of use that i had to take a break.

Apr 3, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #27 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by allenf
My band is 3.65cm/1.44inch wide at the crown.
It is leather.

Same here on my 325i. The other guys should get us some measurements.

Apr 3, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #29 of 42
WOW!!! You are the lucky one! Don't sell that 325i for nothing, because either Grado has decided to start using a wider RS-1 type band, or they just plane screwed up. The MS-2i comes with the wider headband as stock, but this is a first for the 325i!
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back