Did I hear you say you want an SPL Phonitor?
Jul 11, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #46 of 245
I would really like the opportunity to plug my HD800 into this amp to try out its sound shaping features. From what I have read it would be a match made in heaven.

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #47 of 245
Hi guys--long-time lurker here, this is my first post. Been considering signing up here for the past couple of weeks... Guess it just took a *bit* more incentive to finally join up.

Anyways, beautiful amplifier--it's in a level totally above any of the other audio stuff that I own--and would doubtlessly mesh with other people's systems way better than it would with mine. But boy, do I want it. ^^ And hey, if I did get it, that'd totally give me an excuse to spend my bonus this year on new headphones to try out on it, so that I could actually write a half-way decent review.
k701smile.gif

Jul 11, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #51 of 245
Wow!!! This is really awesome! Thanks guys :D

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #53 of 245
I hear the crossfeed in this unit is phenomenal. I have been wanting one, but no one makes them any more. I just spent all my money on an amp. Maybe I will be so lucky to win this one. Then I would have something to compare it to.

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #54 of 245
have you thought about making your own crossfeed?

the meier cross-1 is phenominal, and ive heard reasonably good things about the modified linkwitz crossfeed.

i made meiers simple natural bass boost crossfeed and it works pretty well and can be built cheaply.

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #55 of 245
Yeah, I have but I am not much for building things. Id like to, its more about ability and time. I have thought about finding someone else to build me one though. Maybe I will eventually. 

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #56 of 245
A chance at the SPL Phonitor will actually get me to sign up on Twitter!

I have always wanted to check a Phonitor out...crossfeed and the best-looking amp, I think.  (Who doesn't love VU meters)?

If you like your phones and music, then the last frontier is headroom, imaging, and/or having a subwoofer around for feeling the lows... 

Jul 12, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #57 of 245
I entered a few days ago via twitter. I would love to compare it to my Burson and try out the different crossfeed options. In addition to my LCD-2, I can also try it with an Ultrasone HFI-780 and a Grado SR80i. I could try the amp unbalanced with my Burson as DAC or balanced with my Mackie firewire mixer.

Jul 12, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #59 of 245
Fantastic giveaway!
Congrats in advance to the lucky winner, I hope you'll be over the moon
beerchug.gif

P.S. SPL can you ship some of that famous beer over with it?

Jul 12, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #60 of 245
AMAZING! This is a SUPERB headphone amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back