Did I damage my KSC75s??
Nov 13, 2011 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

chicolom

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I took apart my KSC-75s to blow some hairs off the drivers that were making them buzz, and I think I poked the diaphragm or something (they're so thin, like paper).

I put them back together and they work fine I think, but take a look at the pic and tell me what you think.

Nov 13, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #2 of 6
It looks like an indent but that shouldn't be damaged. I accidentally pushed my RX900's diaphragm in and I used my finger to "pop" it back out. Just lightly push around the corners of the indent and it should just op back into shape. Even lightly pushing on one side should make it pop back out.

Quote:
Hi,

I took apart my KSC-75s to blow some hairs off the drivers that were making them buzz, and I think I poked the diaphragm or something (they're so thin, like paper).

I put them back together and they work fine I think, but take a look at the pic and tell me what you think.

Nov 13, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #3 of 6
take a piece of scotch tape and gently pull it back out.  Put the tape on very lightly

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
take a piece of scotch tape and gently pull it back out.  Put the tape on very lightly

I just did the scotch tape method and it popped back into place and is fixed!

Thank you

Nov 13, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #5 of 6
   If you think they are damaged or don't sound right they are guaranteed for life by Koss . Get an RMA on the koss webpage, send them in and koss will replace them no questions asked.

Nov 13, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #6 of 6
Luckily they are fine, but I do love that lifetime warranty
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back