Did Audeze also update the LCD2 Classic for 2021?
Jul 9, 2021 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

cactus_farmer

1000+ Head-Fier
Much has been made about pad and magnet structure changes making a tangible sound quality difference to the LCD-X and LCD-XC...

See video linked here for more info;

Does anyone know if the LCD2 Classic has similarly been updated for 2021? If so, how do the changes manifest sonically?

Jul 10, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #2 of 28
it has the new grid indeed, and they soudn to me great without EQ, nothing weird on them really. I just bump the sub bass a bit, and lower the rest.

Jul 10, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #3 of 28
actually there is maybe the scoop at 4-5k and then 9K. no big deal really

Jul 11, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #4 of 28
Only complain in my unit is the connector, it is not good, it is missing a bit of the plastic.

2021-07-01 19.38.35.jpg2021-07-01 19.38.13.jpg2021-07-03 14.04.59.jpg

Jul 12, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #5 of 28
Yup, can confirm. I just submitted a review of the LCD-2 Classic and have marked it as the 2021 version because of the now-recurring Audeze silent updates. The earpads and headband are the obvious changes from last time with only leather-free options now, the magnets are slightly tweaked as well similar to the LCD-X/XC, and it now comes in the Audeze economy travel case:

Packaging 4.jpg
Packaging 7.jpg
Headphones 1.jpg
Headphones 13.jpg

Jul 12, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #7 of 28
How many actual revisions of the 2C are there out there really? All the ones with the foam underneath the grill replaced by a grid are the new version? I have that one, as you can see in my previous photo, and I also have the cable with the new jack, I did not get that light travel case though. How many versions of 2C are there out there? are there 2 versions now, one with case and another one with the card board box? just one with the case always included? Any freq. response graph from that new 2c 2021... ?

Jul 12, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #8 of 28
How many actual revisions of the 2C are there out there really? All the ones with the foam underneath the grill replaced by a grid are the new version? I have that one, as you can see in my previous photo, and I also have the cable with the new jack, I did not get that light travel case though. How many versions of 2C are there out there? are there 2 versions now, one with case and another one with the card board box? just one with the case always included? Any freq. response graph from that new 2c 2021... ?
The one above is my review sample from a couple of weeks ago, so this is the latest version as it ships from Audeze with the leather-free pads and the economy travel case. I have an FR but I am still tweaking my setup for headphones so I am not too confident about the area past 2 kHz so take this for what you will:

Frequency response.jpg

Jul 12, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #9 of 28
Thanks. Correct me if I am wrong please, but as far as I know, 2C never ever came with leather pads, or even the option for leather pads. Again, as far as I know, and for sure in Europe.

Jul 12, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #10 of 28
The one above is my review sample from a couple of weeks ago, so this is the latest version as it ships from Audeze with the leather-free pads and the economy travel case. I have an FR but I am still tweaking my setup for headphones so I am not too confident about the area past 2 kHz so take this for what you will:

Frequency response.jpg
are you in USA? maybe they do ship them with that light case in USA but not in the rest of the planet?? did you captured this freq. response yourself? it is very good. We can make an updated eq profile with it. They soudn great from stock to my ears. I just do a bit of a sub bass slope up, and lower all the rest a bit.

Jul 12, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #11 of 28
I wrote to Audeze to ask if anything other than the pads had been changed in the 2C Closed which would effect sound quality. The answer was no.

Jul 12, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #12 of 28
are you in USA? maybe they do ship them with that light case in USA but not in the rest of the planet?? did you captured this freq. response yourself? it is very good. We can make an updated eq profile with it. They soudn great from stock to my ears. I just do a bit of a sub bass slope up, and lower all the rest a bit.
I am in the UK but this review sample shipped directly from Audeze in the US. Yes, I captured the FR myself and agreed that it sounded really good to the ears out of the box. I have Audeze Reveal+ here too which made it even better.

Jul 12, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #13 of 28
I have reveal+ in audirvana, but it just tries to simulate a recording studio speaker emulation, and they offer you several recording studios with several speakers, and you can switch between speakers simulation, but no option that I can find for just plain eq...

Jul 12, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #14 of 28
I have reveal+ in audirvana, but it just tries to simulate a recording studio speaker emulation, and they offer you several recording studios with several speakers, and you can switch between speakers simulation, but no option that I can find for just plain eq...
Just use the .vst plugin in Roon or Equalizer APO, for example. That part has not changed. The personalized audio profile with the recording studios for mixing is what you are paying the license fee for, the EQ presets are complementary to it.

Jul 12, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #15 of 28
I don't understand what you are saying really, and I am a computer nerd. I have a mac, I play music via audirvana and itunes... Audirvana has eq included, and I created my own eq for these lcd 2c and i like it, but from the stuff provided by audeze, I have no clue how to integrate it in the mac or in audirvana to just eq the headphones to flat...
This is how my current eq profile looks like:

Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 23.18.06.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back