Did anyone receive the $80 SCL4?
Jan 28, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #16 of 49
The last I heard from Musician's friend was the SCL4 was expected in on 1/23. (yeah, right)

Some days I hope I'll eventually get them, other days I'm hoping they'll cancel because I really don't need another head/ear-phone. But curiousity about the sound keeps me from canceling.

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #18 of 49
Yep, I just checked my account on GC and it says they shipped today. I emailed about when I would be receiving them a week or two ago and they said my 'phones would be in the 1/23/09 shipment.

And here I was about to cancel my order. Hmm. If anyone is interested in buying a pair, shoot me a PM
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #20 of 49
All I have to say for this thread is patience is a virtue. Not like anyone will listen to me.
rolleyes.gif

Maybe if you haven't ordered by now, you might be in danger of not getting your SCL4s. If a company says it's getting a shipment, it's more than likely going to get the shipment. If it doesn't, I'm more than sure you'll be reimbursed fairly and then some. Companies this big can't afford to lose business right now in this economy, especially "entertainment" or "recreational" companies (which I believe Guitar Center sort of falls into).

Jan 28, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #22 of 49
Mine aren't showing that they've shipped yet.

Of course this weekend in anticipation of an upcoming trip:

1) Used AMEX reward points to buy a new pair of 530's which arrive a day late for the trip.

2) Dug out my old cracked E3's, superglued them back together and they seem to be working great.

3) Realized that my E4C's are still under warranty and sent them back today for repair (didn't realize Shure had a 2 year warranty)

So in short, I won't be too broken hearted if they cancel my SLC4 order. Worst case I'll leave them in the box and give them as a gift.

Jan 28, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #23 of 49
Got mine several weeks ago. They are currently on ebay. The sounded good, nice detail and clarity, but the bass was a little lacking. I have scene upgraded to the Shure SE530 and have some Phonak Audeo PFEs on the way.

Jan 28, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #24 of 49
I recently bought the SCL4, but lost my receipt.

My left ear's has gone out. It has not gone out completely, but there s a huge difference from the right. is shure strict about receipts? It says $109 flat fee to fix, and that is more than i pad for them. If so, anyone willin' to scan/send a receipt, so that i can send them back to shure?

I'll pay

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #25 of 49
I don't think you can just send in someone elses receipt its probably connected to the serial number. Where did you buy it from they might have a record of it, or if you paid with credit card proof from them might work. If you paid cash at a store then you might be out of luck.

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #27 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ImSyko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently bought the SCL4, but lost my receipt.

My left ear's has gone out. It has not gone out completely, but there s a huge difference from the right. is shure strict about receipts? It says $109 flat fee to fix, and that is more than i pad for them. If so, anyone willin' to scan/send a receipt, so that i can send them back to shure?

I'll pay

The store receipt doesn't have a serial number on it... i.e. no way to tie the receipt to the specific pair of headphones. You "could" go buy another pair, make a copy of the receipt and return them unopened.

btw... I got my ship notification from Guitar Center this morning.

Jan 28, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #28 of 49
Looks like everyone got their pair
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #29 of 49
just got mine yesterday that I ordered musician's friend back in December- listening to them right now at work.

Jan 29, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #30 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Topmounter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The store receipt doesn't have a serial number on it... i.e. no way to tie the receipt to the specific pair of headphones. You "could" go buy another pair, make a copy of the receipt and return them unopened.

btw... I got my ship notification from Guitar Center this morning.

Thing is... i can't find them for $80, that's why i am askin on here. I rather not pay $249 even if i return them. There is no rush... I just bought the Phonak PFE thinkin' i couldn't return them... but i would love if someone was able to help me out. Would they accept an ebay receipt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back