Did anyone receive the $80 SCL4?
Jan 26, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #2 of 49
I got mine just fine. Then again I ordered right when the deal was starting up.

However, Guitar Center said they'd still be shipping them through February sometime.

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #3 of 49
I called today and they said that the shipment that should have come on Friday hasn't showed yet and they expect another on the 3rd. I'm not getting my hopes up. If I don't get a pair I'm never using guitar center again. Selling a product that you don't have is wrong.

Jan 27, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #4 of 49
GC is super reliable, you guys just clusterf***ed the supply.

Not your faults and I'm not saying it's really a BAD thing, I would've done the same if I wanted SCL4s. All I'm saying is, be patient, and understand that it's not really right to blame GC for this.

Jan 27, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #6 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Argyle Shepard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was on that delayed shipment. None of the customer service guys ever knew any solid info, and I have a trip coming soon. Canceled them and went with NE-7Ms.

That's too bad. The SCL4 is a firm leap above the NE-7M (Heck, if it were me and I were canceling the SCL4 at $80, I'd jump to $130 and get a pair of Phonak PFEs, honestly).

Jan 27, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #9 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundlogic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still waiting for mine from Music123.com...which may be a division of GC, not sure.

Sister company. Same with Musician's Friend.

Jan 27, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #10 of 49
I was completely stunned. I called & ordered mine from my local Guitar Center on 12/20, a Saturday no less. They didn't have 'em in stock, but would ship them from a warehouse or another store. They told me with the sale going on to not expect before Christmas & probably not before New Years....sounded reasonable. I received them 3 days later on Tues 12/23! I was pretty impressed.

They were a Christmas present & now I'm wishing I had ordered another set for myself to have as an extra....oh well, I guess I'm just another insatiable head-fi'er
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 27, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #11 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's too bad. The SCL4 is a firm leap above the NE-7M (Heck, if it were me and I were canceling the SCL4 at $80, I'd jump to $130 and get a pair of Phonak PFEs, honestly).

Seeing as I own both the SCL4 and Phonak PFE, I couldn't agree more. The Ne-7m is great for $50 but can't hold a candle to either of the above.

Jan 28, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #12 of 49
Jan 28, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #13 of 49
Just ordered some SCL4 from GuitarCenter.com. They usually only have the black ones but I kept checking and the white ones were available for purchase today..

I upgraded to V-moda Bass and the bass is wonderful but some times too much for talk radio.

Then I ordered the premium Zune Headphones because the magnets sounded cool. The bass is not as good as the v-moda but he cord noise is horrible so I user these to listen to Howard Stern.

I chose the SCL4 because there were on sale and I was curious what 249.00 headphones sounded like.

Most of my music on my ipod is at 128 and 192 bit rate with some at 320 mixed in . Are the SCL4’s going to make my music sound like crap because of the bit rate?

I have a lot of alternative, Classic Rock and 80’s music.

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #14 of 49
i ordered mine on the 21st. As of yesterday they were still on back order. I decided to peruse the forums here (something I've not done since college) and came across all the wonderful custom IEM threads. I somehow convinced myself to cancel the shure order and am now deciding whether to get HY, Sleeks, livewires etc. I am leaning towards the HYs. Soo if you ordered after me, you'll be bumped up a spot.

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #15 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spawn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bass is not as good as the v-moda but he cord noise is horrible so I user these to listen to Howard Stern.

I chose the SCL4 because there were on sale and I was curious what 249.00 headphones sounded like.

Unfortunately, the SCL4s will not make Howard Stern sound any better.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back