Did anyone outside the US buy their cans through ShopUSA.com?
Apr 21, 2008 at 1:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

DefectiveAudioComponent

Headphoneus Supremus
I've seen quite a few US-only deals, like the D2000, that are much more expensive in Europe. Did anyone buy through ShopUSA.com (or maybe from some similar site?). Even with shipping and import tax included, I would almost cut a third from the price I pay over here. But is it safe to buy through them? Did anyone try that out? For the D2000 the price would be somewhat lower than import from pricejapan.

Most importantly of course, will ShopUSA also refuse to forward an US-only deal?

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum... feel free to move it if so)

Apr 21, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #3 of 16
I bought my hd650 from pixmania.com
no import taxes and shipping is reasonable and fast.
The price were a little higher than on amazon, but still way lower than any of the local shops sells them (600-700$)

Apr 22, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #8 of 16
fair enough. but, if you are not comfortable worth buying from them, dont. think of it this way, if you get it in your country its easier to do anything in terms of warranty etc.

Apr 22, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #9 of 16
Ah, is that like a pricejapan but for the US? With the current exchange rates, I'm surprised there aren't a lot of sites like this. I know a lot of Germans who buy their cameras and laptops when they visit the US, even though they'll have to change the power cords and put up with the wrong language keyboards. Here's to international commerce!

Apr 24, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, is that like a pricejapan but for the US? With the current exchange rates, I'm surprised there aren't a lot of sites like this. I know a lot of Germans who buy their cameras and laptops when they visit the US, even though they'll have to change the power cords and put up with the wrong language keyboards. Here's to international commerce!

That's exactly what it is. They charge a lot for the transaction, but it is still worth it, if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back