did anyone here win this?
Jul 3, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #2 of 21
I was watching that, and was going to snipe it.... but it ended at ~3 AM, and I fell asleep
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Jul 3, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was watching that, and was going to snipe it.... but it ended at ~3 AM, and I fell asleep
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

I've done that before. I usually wake up exactly 5 minutes after the auction ends.
plainface.gif

Jul 3, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG, it drives me nuts...[/url]

!!!

BTW, I see that RS-1 is the older dark wood version.

why would you post that here.. if everyone knows about it, it becomes useless. You should have erased that post and just pm'd them about it if you felt inclined.

Jul 3, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG, it drives me nuts how many people still don't know about this:
http://www.esnipe.com/

!!!

It drives me nuts when people simply can't fathom the idea that someone doesn't want to use a sniping program/service.

Jul 3, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #7 of 21
grr... i was bidding with the guy who won it up till the last second!! unfortunetly i was about to bid 600 but it must've been a second or two too late
frown.gif
... it was my first time in an auction like that, it wa s a freakin huge adrenaline rush... i was super tired but managed to stay awake through the auction, and after it ended, i could'nt sleep for another 2 hours! damn admnamdanmdanmadnmandmadn

Jul 3, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #8 of 21
look out for the simpletons on here.

few Anon plebs like to pout how they hate ebay advertising.
I got royaly bummed a few days ago for posting some grado cans for sale.

GL to whoever got them.
I paid nearly double that for the RS-1's alone.
= /

Jul 3, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #9 of 21
i wouldn't have posted this thread while the auction was active. i couldn't care less about advertising for e-bay, but it is truly annoying the idiots who post threads while they're still active as a "hey, heads up, drive the price way up, guys hehe"

Jul 3, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #11 of 21
this thread is almost as useless as the poll I put up recently "is this poll a good poll or bad poll?". Of course it was deleted immediately
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It drives me nuts when people simply can't fathom the idea that someone doesn't want to use a sniping program/service.

No that perfectly fine, but with high ticket items, I generally do not like to count on the fact that I will be awake, at my computer and the internet up and stable all at 4 in the morning for example.
biggrin.gif

Also, the issue with manual sniping, is that it is much harder to snipe in the last 3 seconds like it is with a service, so what ends up happening is the "manual" snipers end up getting sniped by the "automatic" snipers
cool.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #13 of 21
Man, i never knew that you could use services to snipe ebay bids!! thanks and now i'll use the esnipe all the time lol. Before i use it though, does it actually work and is there any sniping programs that are better?

Jul 4, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #14 of 21
There's no real benefit to sniping in the last 3 seconds as opposed to the last 10-15 seconds, since it's whoever's bid is highest that matters, not how close to the end it is. Now if you come in way too early, some noob can keep upping his bid past what he originally wanted to pay to try to beat you, but at 10-15 seconds it's pretty much a non-issue.

Lately though I just put in my main bid a few hours ahead of the listing and forget about it, and suddenly nobody seems to want to bid after me (maybe even people on ebay are learning who I am in regards to AKG).
tongue.gif

I used some very primitive sniping programs in the early days of ebay, but I consider it sort of an artform to find good/hidden deals and bid on them properly to win, so I do it all "manually" now. I have a few searches saved for some fairly specific things, but they push the limits of how long a search query can be because of how elaborate they are to find all manner of improperly listed items and to exclude most false matches. Sniping programs just sort of kill the adventure for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back