did anyone here win this?
Jul 4, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by aCommunistSpy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, i never knew that you could use services to snipe ebay bids!! thanks and now i'll use the esnipe all the time lol. Before i use it though, does it actually work and is there any sniping programs that are better?

esnipe is the best I have found, all others I have tried only go down to the last 5 seconds or so, esnipe you can do 1second if you want, but it gives you a warning that the bid may or may not be registered. I have always used 3 seconds and it's never not registered a bid.

Fitz is probably right in that there won't be to much of a difference in 15 seconds vs. 3 seconds, but it IS possible, and more likely on very expensive and/or high demand items.

It's like A/C. Once you have tried it you can't live without it
tongue.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No that perfectly fine, but with high ticket items, I generally do not like to count on the fact that I will be awake, at my computer and the internet up and stable all at 4 in the morning for example.
biggrin.gif

Also, the issue with manual sniping, is that it is much harder to snipe in the last 3 seconds like it is with a service, so what ends up happening is the "manual" snipers end up getting sniped by the "automatic" snipers
cool.gif

I kind of disagree... I've managed to snipe the majority of my ~140 items, all manually. I see no value in a sniping service, I always manage to outsnipe the snipe programs, if I want something bad enough. Just bid high enough to win the auc.... but do not go a penny higher than your cap. Basically if you want something bad enough, you are going to have to be prepared to pay $$$ for it, therefore its the bid amount that determines whether or not you win the item, and to a lesser degree the snipe-time remaining. I usually place my snipe bid with 5 seconds remaining in the auc. If my bid is higher than anyone else... I win based on the $$$ amount. Hopefully with less than 5 seconds remaining, there is not enough time remaining for anyone to counter-bid. I am happy with this strategy, it has landed me some good deals.

Jul 4, 2007 at 9:25 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I kind of disagree... I've managed to snipe the majority of my ~140 items, all manually. I see no value in a sniping service, I always manage to outsnipe the snipe programs, if I want something bad enough. Just bid high enough to win the auc.... but do not go a penny higher than your cap. Basically if you want something bad enough, you are going to have to be prepared to pay $$$ for it, therefore its the bid amount that determines whether or not you win the item, and to a lesser degree the snipe-time remaining. I usually place my snipe bid with 5 seconds remaining in the auc. If my bid is higher than anyone else... I win based on the $$$ amount. Hopefully with less than 5 seconds remaining, there is not enough time remaining for anyone to counter-bid. I am happy with this strategy, it has landed me some good deals.

I agree with kramer5150. The majority of the items I won on Ebay was done in the last seconds (around 10 - 12 for me) and then going as high as I'm comfortable spending. I notice the items I don't win is because I wasn't willing to put out the $$$ to win it, even though in the end I was probably getting a good deal. But again, congrats to the winner of that auction.

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:21 PM Post #19 of 21
It was an OK deal, but not the best IMO. I've seen new pairs of RS-1s for 550 and used RA-1s in better condition for 150. Going value for used RS-1s is around 500. So they basically paid $60 for an RA-1 with a loose volume control. Subtract $20 for shipping. If the seller were to part and sell, they would make mabye $50. Good, but not great IMO.

$580 = purchase price
$600-$650 = market value for both items
$20-$70 = gain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back