Diaphragm replacement for DT880 Pro 250-Ohm
May 14, 2012 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

PurpleAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
How much would is cost to replace two diaphragms for the Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro 250-Ohm?
How much would it cost me to send it to Beyerdynamic for repair/replacement of two diaphragm?
How much would it cost me to order two diaphragms and repair/replace it myself?

May 14, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
How much would it cost me to order two diaphragms and repair/replace it myself?

There does not seem to be many places where they are sold. The ones I know of are this and this. There may be more, though. The prices are apparently for a single driver, rather than a pair.

May 14, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #4 of 6
Someone on eBay is selling a non functional DT880 Pro for $140, but without knowing what is wrong with it, was try to figure out how much it would cost to fix (worst case).
The aurtherised Beyerdynamic repair center would charge $85 for a "system repair", so I guess it would be cheaper to buy new.

May 14, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Someone on eBay is selling a non functional DT880 Pro for $140, but without knowing what is wrong with it, was try to figure out how much it would cost to fix (worst case).
The aurtherised Beyerdynamic repair center would charge $85 for a "system repair", so I guess it would be cheaper to buy new.

That someone probably knows what is (and how severely it is) wrong with them and already checked the repair option for himself. But seeing how it won't work out, he's selling as the last resort. I don't suggest anyone buy a defective product, even more so if the seller "claims" he/she doesn't know what is wrong with it.

May 14, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
That someone probably knows what is (and how severely it is) wrong with them and already checked the repair option for himself. But seeing how it won't work out, he's selling as the last resort. I don't suggest anyone buy a defective product, even more so if the seller "claims" he/she doesn't know what is wrong with it.

Closing the thread, no longer needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back