Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jan 14, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #6,916 of 7,573
I haven't heard the MR, but the sub-bass on the V2 is so unbelievably good with the original fenestrated pads (I'm still waiting on a pair of bass-ported vegan pads). The mid-range is ever-so-slightly wonky at first, but the bass and treble are totally spot on for my tastes (more modern music, electronic, etc).
Yeah I loved the V2 and I was hoping they went in that direction but better, and they did. The MR is a solid improvement all around IMO.

Jan 14, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #6,917 of 7,573
While I don't have a MR, I do own the V2 and Phi. These Dianas compliment my Atrium. They each excel with their own unique sound.
I actually decided to get Diana over getting a Caldera for the very reason to have a different flavor. My other headphones are Aeolus and Atticus.
I'm fighting the urge to get the MR.

If you already 2 Dianas, and search for different flavour, Diana MR should be in your last option lol.

Caldera will bring more significant differences compared to Aeolus and Atticus, than Diana MR to both of your Dianas.

Rather than acquire Diana MR, should try to just purchase bass ported earpad for Diana.

Jan 14, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #6,918 of 7,573
Put my order in for an MR! Can’t wait!

Special thanks to @obstacleofaffliction for giving me the final push I needed and to @Rhodey for buying my Caldera. 😂
Hopefully you won't be silently cursing those guys after you receive and listen to the MR. LOL! :beerchug: :tired_face: :tired_face:

Good luck and let us know how you enjoy your new HP's. I'm guessing that they will blow you away!

Leo

Jan 14, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #6,919 of 7,573
Hopefully you won't be silently cursing those guys after you receive and listen to the MR. LOL! :beerchug: :tired_face: :tired_face:

Good luck and let us know how you enjoy your new HP's. I'm guessing that they will blow you away!

Leo

Hahaha. Right? Thanks! I hope they do!

Jan 14, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #6,920 of 7,573
If you already 2 Dianas, and search for different flavour, Diana MR should be in your last option lol.

Caldera will bring more significant differences compared to Aeolus and Atticus, than Diana MR to both of your Dianas.

Rather than acquire Diana MR, should try to just purchase bass ported earpad for Diana.
I do have both leather and vegan ported pads. The vegans are excellent on the Phi and the leathers are great on the V2. For my ears, the ported pads are necessary for the older Dianas.
Currently I am content (for now) with my headphones as my bank account frowns at the idea of purchasing either Caldera or MR.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #6,922 of 7,573
Current v2 owner with MR on the way...I'm hunting some Diana TCs as well.

What would be a good combination to keep (as I wouldn't keep all three)

v2 and TC
MR and TC

I would be looking for headphones that aren't too close together technically or tonally. So more different flavours, with both ease of listening but also with something near the high end of things (hence keeping the TC either way).

My initial thought is that keeping v2 would be superfluous possibly, as might be similar tone (I don't know this!) but slightly lesser technicalities. And that MR might offer more variety in terms of sound.

So excited about hearing the MR.

Jan 18, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #6,923 of 7,573

v2 and TC
MR and TC

I would be looking for headphones that aren't too close together technically or tonally. So more different flavours, with both ease of listening but also with something near the high end of things (hence keeping the TC either way).

My initial thought is that keeping v2 would be superfluous possibly, as might be similar tone (I don't know this!) but slightly lesser technicalities. And that MR might offer more variety in terms of sound.

Let us know what you decide after hearing them! :dt880smile:

Jan 18, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #6,924 of 7,573

v2 and TC
MR and TC

I have the diana tc which is terrific...the ported pads makes it into a mini 1266

Jan 18, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #6,925 of 7,573
Jan 18, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #6,926 of 7,573
MR’s have landed! Went straight for the bass ported pads! 😎
IMG_1530.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #6,927 of 7,573
MR’s have landed! Went straight for the bass ported pads! 😎
Very nice! Love that combo, looks identical to mine :L3000:
Enjoy!

How are you liking them? They're a little different than most headphones which I love about them.

Jan 18, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #6,928 of 7,573
Jan 18, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #6,929 of 7,573
Jan 18, 2024 at 9:45 PM Post #6,930 of 7,573
Looks like everyone gets to live. 😂 No seriously, they’re freaking incredible. Loving them so far.
Haha awesome. Yeah they're sweet. They fit a nice role in a collection and they're so light and easy to wear. Just perfect for around the house, OTG, etc. And they're good enough/scale to sit at your chain and listen with the best gear too IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Sopp
Back