Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jan 12, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #6,901 of 7,432
Because they are not truly comparable. The Diana MR is made to be mobile and the Susvara is desktop use only. The Susvara is harder to drive and requires a pristine audio chain to shine. When done right there is hardly any ear speaker that can compare to it. IMHO. I really wasn’t trying to be combative if that’s what you were thinking. Just being realistic. The DCA Exspanse would be a closer comparison. But even that really requires more power to shine.
LCD-5 Utopia,Caldera are all better comparisons IMHO

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:30 PM Post #6,902 of 7,432
Seriously considering selling my Caldera to get an MR. Wish there were more comparisons out there. I already have an Atrium and VC, want a little different flavor.

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #6,903 of 7,432
Seriously considering selling my Caldera to get an MR. Wish there were more comparisons out there. I already have an Atrium and VC, want a little different flavor.
1705117448728.gif

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #6,904 of 7,432
While I don't have a MR, I do own the V2 and Phi. These Dianas compliment my Atrium. They each excel with their own unique sound.
I actually decided to get Diana over getting a Caldera for the very reason to have a different flavor. My other headphones are Aeolus and Atticus.
I'm fighting the urge to get the MR.

Jan 12, 2024 at 11:17 PM Post #6,905 of 7,432
😂🤣😂

While I don't have a MR, I do own the V2 and Phi. These Dianas compliment my Atrium. They each excel with their own unique sound.
I actually decided to get Diana over getting a Caldera for the very reason to have a different flavor. My other headphones are Aeolus and Atticus.
I'm fighting the urge to get the MR.

Thanks for the input. This is exactly what I wanted to hear lol.

Jan 13, 2024 at 1:07 AM Post #6,906 of 7,432
😂🤣😂

Thanks for the input. This is exactly what I wanted to hear lol.
That’s a nice Caldera. I’ve been interested in hearing it and the atrium. Hmmm.

Jan 13, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #6,907 of 7,432
New MR owner here, it's my first Diana (owned the 1266 TC in the past).
I already had a chance to audition one at home so this was an easy decision afterwards. Went with leather headband, forged carbon and suede non ported pads for my stock. I do have the three other pads here from a friend to compare and see if I want any other. I'll be using it mainly with my DHC Chimera cable with adapters.

I enjoy the warmth and less critical sound MR brings compared to Susvara. It's balanced and tuned so nicely, while performing well enough technically, that I can enjoy it and it doesn't make me listen critically. Just focus more on enjoying the music.

My plan is to have it as my more portable option when I'm not in my listening chair next to the full rack. Still need to decide what would be the source in that case. I enjoyed it with a Tube Mini but thinking maybe a DAP will make more sense. Looking for recommendations and thoughts if you have any!

Jan 13, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #6,908 of 7,432
New MR owner here, it's my first Diana (owned the 1266 TC in the past).
I already had a chance to audition one at home so this was an easy decision afterwards. Went with leather headband, forged carbon and suede non ported pads for my stock. I do have the three other pads here from a friend to compare and see if I want any other. I'll be using it mainly with my DHC Chimera cable with adapters.

I enjoy the warmth and less critical sound MR brings compared to Susvara. It's balanced and tuned so nicely, while performing well enough technically, that I can enjoy it and it doesn't make me listen critically. Just focus more on enjoying the music.

My plan is to have it as my more portable option when I'm not in my listening chair next to the full rack. Still need to decide what would be the source in that case. I enjoyed it with a Tube Mini but thinking maybe a DAP will make more sense. Looking for recommendations and thoughts if you have any!
Ibasso Dx320 is a good bet. Modular amps, great sound, plenty of power (especially with amp12)

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #6,910 of 7,432
How would you compare it to Utopia? I listened to Utopia on Naim Uniti Atom HP edt and it sounded a bit dry.. Nice vocals, a lot of detailbut everything a little harsh and unforgiving. I'm still waiting for my test MR but I'm hoping it will have more smoothness than that.
I wrote a comparison just a few pages back. Utopia is more detailed and textured. Mr is smoother.

Jan 13, 2024 at 7:51 PM Post #6,911 of 7,432
Put my order in for an MR! Can’t wait!

Special thanks to @obstacleofaffliction for giving me the final push I needed and to @Rhodey for buying my Caldera. 😂

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #6,912 of 7,432
Jan 14, 2024 at 12:01 AM Post #6,915 of 7,432
Sweet, I love the bass response and clarity on the HEkse, the texture and information on the notes. Sorry I should've clarified I meant more along the lines of sub-bass frequencies - 808s, bass synths.

So on dynamics the Diana MR is probably more lively in that regard? That would be very welcomed, I find myself EQing the Hifimans a lot to add in some punch for recreational listening.
I haven't heard the MR, but the sub-bass on the V2 is so unbelievably good with the original fenestrated pads (I'm still waiting on a pair of bass-ported vegan pads). The mid-range is ever-so-slightly wonky at first, but the bass and treble are totally spot on for my tastes (more modern music, electronic, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back