Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jan 3, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #6,829 of 7,358
While I like the sound of the newer Diana’s, it’s a joke that you have to buy ugly padding for a 3,5k€ Headphone because they cause discomfort to a significant part of the userbase after an hour. And this is not the first release with such flawed headband-design. The Diana series is around for several years with several new models and yet the company still failed to fix the problem.

As mentioned i really like the sound of the newer Diana versions, but I think Abyss needs to be called out for offering cheap DIY-looking solutions for a problem that could’ve been fixed 2 Diana releases ago and shouldn’t have been there in the first place, especially at this price-point.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #6,832 of 7,358
I have converted my regular pads to ported pads by inserting a 5x2mm rubber o-ring on each of the four posts that holds the pads. It’s a good experiment and loved the bass and sub bass.
I got my first impressions on this o-ring thing today.

less subbass, more midbass.
Sounds bit more resolving to my ears and soundstage presentation is slightly more in upper mids and more far in front not in width.

after switching few times the next days i go again in touch.

without o-rings: if you turning the pads to 10/11 o clock i think i also like the presentation

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 7:44 AM Post #6,833 of 7,358
I got my first impressions on this o-ring thing today.

less subbass, more midbass.
Sounds bit more resolving to my ears and soundstage presentation is slightly more in upper mids and more far in front not in width.

after switching few times the next days i go again in touch.

also if you turning the pads to 10/11 o clock i think i like the presentation more
Pads crease upper rear facing is best mixture of bass and clarity. Muddier bass presentations with crease at front upper or lower corner

Jan 5, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #6,835 of 7,358
I'm considering selling my ported leather and ported vegan pads.
Would prefer to sell as a package.

Still trying to decide, but I think I like the plain vegans.

Jan 5, 2024 at 1:09 AM Post #6,836 of 7,358
While I like the sound of the newer Diana’s, it’s a joke that you have to buy ugly padding for a 3,5k€ Headphone because they cause discomfort to a significant part of the userbase after an hour. And this is not the first release with such flawed headband-design. The Diana series is around for several years with several new models and yet the company still failed to fix the problem.

As mentioned i really like the sound of the newer Diana versions, but I think Abyss needs to be called out for offering cheap DIY-looking solutions for a problem that could’ve been fixed 2 Diana releases ago and shouldn’t have been there in the first place, especially at this price-point.
I noticed the same issue with Diana V2, you had to keep headphones for around 10min before the seal was complete, before that the hp:s sounded thin.
Also the top part of headband was too hard, best looking TOTL cans tough I'll give them that.
Those issues were just too much for me, I sold my pair.

If you charge over 2k for a headphone, comfort should be a concern.

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #6,837 of 7,358
For me personally the Diana TC with stick-on top cushion and suede earpads is the most comfortable headphone on the market. It's even my only headphone currently, sold all my other ones because none of them competed with my feelings towards my Diana.

I do agree though, a stick-on solution on a luxury priced product, should not be the solution for a problem multiple people are having. I hope it's a temporary solution while they rethink the design, as they recognized the problem selling a first party product to solve the problem.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 5:55 AM Post #6,838 of 7,358
For me personally the Diana TC with stick-on top cushion and suede earpads is the most comfortable headphone on the market. It's even my only headphone currently, sold all my other ones because none of them competed with my feelings towards my Diana.

I do agree though, a stick-on solution on a luxury priced product, should not be the solution for a problem multiple people are having. I hope it's a temporary solution while they rethink the design, as they recognized the problem selling a first party product to solve the problem.
As you said „with“ stick-on top cushion. But that’s exactly my point. You need to put on some cheap stick-on cushions that don’t even fit the color-scheme to be not bothered by the discomfort of a 3k USD headphone….

The problem persisted for several Diana releases. And in the end all they do is to use this problem as a money grab to sell you some additional stick-on cushions, instead of actually investing and redesigning the headband.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 6:33 AM Post #6,839 of 7,358
As you said „with“ stick-on top cushion. But that’s exactly my point. You need to put on some cheap stick-on cushions that don’t even fit the color-scheme to be not bothered by the discomfort of a 3k USD headphone….

The problem persisted for several Diana releases. And in the end all they do is to use this problem as a money grab to sell you some additional stick-on cushions, instead of actually investing and redesigning the headband.

I do agree that the problem has existed for too long, there have been multiple iterations on the headband design but the problem is still there. It's been a hot topic on this thread since the beginning.

I have trust in Abyss myself though, I have been a customer for 3.5 years and they have offered and shipped me free solutions to problems I had. Always been nice dealing with their support and after sales.

Most people and companies don't have ill intentions and wanna deliver the best they can, they do make mistakes however.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back