Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jan 3, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #6,811 of 7,358
Hey akukula. You mentioned you own also a Ferrum stack. I understand you're experiencing nirvana with MR and tubes 😄 but could you share few words how it worked with your Ferrum?
Sorry was just seeing this now. Yes I do own a Ferrum stack. The MR sound wonderful with the Ferrum. You see, i have the Ferrum primarily to drive my Susvara. And it drives the Sus wonderfully. I must say it does an excellent job with the MR too. I runnit at medium gain for both the Sus and MR. Listening volume for the MR is at around 10. It highlights the technical side of the MR. Very detailed. Bass is very punchy, extending to the mid base esp when using the original leather pads. I use the MR both with the Ferrum and the Fireflies depending on my mood or the music I am listening to. Somehow I just love the tubes and how it enhances the warmth, lushness and intimacy especially on female vocals of the MR
Hey akukula. You mentioned you own also a Ferrum stack. I understand you're experiencing nirvana with MR and tubes 😄 but could you share few words how it worked with your Ferrum?

Jan 3, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #6,812 of 7,358
Sorry was just seeing this now. Yes I do own a Ferrum stack. The MR sound wonderful with the Ferrum. You see, i have the Ferrum primarily to drive my Susvara. And it drives the Sus wonderfully. I must say it does an excellent job with the MR too. I runnit at medium gain for both the Sus and MR. Listening volume for the MR is at around 10. It highlights the technical side of the MR. Very detailed. Bass is very punchy, extending to the mid base esp when using the original leather pads. I use the MR both with the Ferrum and the Fireflies depending on my mood or the music I am listening to. Somehow I just love the tubes and how it enhances the warmth, lushness and intimacy especially on female vocals of the MR
Thanks for response mate. The only thing that makes me wonder is that I remember WA7 3rd being quite a bright amp. Some time ago I tested a Qutest with Ferrum stack and Fireflies with stock tubes (with LCD-2) . The latter had a very pleasant smoothnes to it but for me it was totally lacking the feeling of power in the lower frequencies, in the end I got the Ferrum. You have a different setting, I remember you wrote you use Mullard tubes and Pegasus as a DAC (haven't heard those). But I'm just wondering how tubes and DAC could change the amp's character, as I remember you also said you appreciate a good bass slam. And with my last experience WA7 would be the last thing I'd recommend to you for that 😄 Vocals also weren't intimate in my case but a tad recessed but maybe that's a DAC/tube thing again.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #6,814 of 7,358
Jan 3, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #6,816 of 7,358
Jan 3, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #6,817 of 7,358
Jan 3, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #6,818 of 7,358
This is what I used on my Diana V2.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07G4BQC1B?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I use this on my Stellia and UtopiA 22. But may have size to fit Diana. Similar to Beautiful Audio.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0814D2NG7?psc=1&smid=A2QC37RKCK0DJL&ref_=chk_typ_quicklook_seeDetailsToDp
Thanks for the Amazon link.
I don't think I want to glue anything, but the zippered pad looks like it may work.

The Beautiful Audio pads look great, but a bit expensive at $100.

Jan 3, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #6,821 of 7,358
Jan 3, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #6,822 of 7,358
Jan 3, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #6,824 of 7,358
It looks good, but I noticed it doesn't extend the whole length.
Do you find that makes any difference?
IMG20240103215020.jpg

It's very plushy and plenty of head contact. The AKG was too firm and caused me headaches, it wasn't much longer than the senny headpad.

The corners of the headband doesn't touch the head anyway so it's my big win for Diana confort ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back