Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jan 1, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #6,798 of 7,431
Anyone tried the Beatiful Audio's headband on any Diana and has an opinion if that improves the comfort?
A guy I know has one on his and really likes it. FWIW I have one on my D8KP LE and really like it. I’m sure the Diana version will be just as nice.

Jan 1, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #6,799 of 7,431
Will the V2 headband fit Diana MR? and how is it installed?

Jan 1, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #6,801 of 7,431
Will the V2 headband fit Diana MR? and how is it installed?
Yeah the V2 and MR headband are the same, well the newer V2 anyway. The older V2 was a little smaller (width) but not by much.
They use two magnets on each side. The headband wraps over the top and folds under, attaching with the magnets. Really nice design IMO.

Jan 1, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #6,802 of 7,431
A guy I know has one on his and really likes it. FWIW I have one on my D8KP LE and really like it. I’m sure the Diana version will be just as nice.
I have one technically made for the Utopia that fits my Diana MR basically perfectly.

Way better than not using it.

Jan 1, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #6,803 of 7,431
I have one technically made for the Utopia that fits my Diana MR basically perfectly.

Way better than not using it.
How do you like it with the Utopia? Does it add too much bulk? I thought about getting one for it. I don’t have any issues with the MR but occasionally I’ll get a slight hot spot on the Utopia.

Jan 1, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #6,804 of 7,431
How do you like it with the Utopia? Does it add too much bulk? I thought about getting one for it. I don’t have any issues with the MR but occasionally I’ll get a slight hot spot on the Utopia.
I liked it with the Utopia, but I am glad that I have a small head.
If my head had been any larger, it wouldn't have fit due to Utopia's limited adjustment.

It doesn't get used with the Utopia anymore, though, as I find it to be hugely more beneficial with the Diana MR.

Jan 1, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #6,805 of 7,431
Not sure who all has the tube mini but it’s a great pairing with the MR.

Also like the HD800S and HD650 with it, but need some more time with my other headphones, but the MR is really good.

Attachments

• IMG_0355.jpeg
    IMG_0355.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #6,806 of 7,431
Not sure who all has the tube mini but it’s a great pairing with the MR.

Also like the HD800S and HD650 with it, but need some more time with my other headphones, but the MR is really good.
I actually feel that the MR pairs very well with tubes. I believe I too have mentioned it before. Personally I find that the MR provides the best sounding headphone in tube application. And i love tube amps. For some reason it seems ABYSS and WOO just compliments each other very well. Makes me salivate at the thought of the WA23 😍

Jan 2, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #6,807 of 7,431
Would someone with the bass ported pads be so nice and measure the width & height of the "air" channel? I am trying to design a 3d print adapter for the regular pads. Already have a working first revision but i want to get the dimensions right.

My take:

is it possible to send me this 3d print data? i would like to test it out and i could tell how they sound in comparison to the bass ported but vegan ones

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #6,808 of 7,431
I actually feel that the MR pairs very well with tubes. I believe I too have mentioned it before. Personally I find that the MR provides the best sounding headphone in tube application. And i love tube amps. For some reason it seems ABYSS and WOO just compliments each other very well. Makes me salivate at the thought of the WA23 😍
Hey akukula. You mentioned you own also a Ferrum stack. I understand you're experiencing nirvana with MR and tubes 😄 but could you share few words how it worked with your Ferrum?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back