Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Nov 20, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #6,631 of 7,354
So far I probably now have around 100 hours on the MR. I do not really just leave my headphones running to burn them in. What I do is just use them. I do belive in burn in though dont get me wrong.
alright..thank you!

Nov 21, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #6,634 of 7,354
Anyone here tried the MR off a DNA amp?

Nov 22, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #6,635 of 7,354
If I wanted to order my Diana MR with an "off the menu" combination...like forged carbon with the brown headband combined with the Vegan Suede ear pads, do I have to call in to place the order or can it just be notated in the comments field when placing the order onine? How long does it typically take Abyss to process and ship orders out? What shipping method do they tend to use to the US?

Nov 22, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #6,636 of 7,354
Can anyone here share any insight regarding a comparison of the sound differences between the Lambskin, Lambskin bass-ported, Vegan and Vegan bass-ported?

Nov 23, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #6,637 of 7,354
If I wanted to order my Diana MR with an "off the menu" combination...like forged carbon with the brown headband combined with the Vegan Suede ear pads, do I have to call in to place the order or can it just be notated in the comments field when placing the order onine? How long does it typically take Abyss to process and ship orders out? What shipping method do they tend to use to the US?
Send an email to info@abyss-headphones.com before ordering to make sure that it works and then order it with a comment. They respond very quickly.
I have ordered my MR + Stand last friday at around 4PM. They shipped the same day via UPS ( i think thats the only shipping method they use) and it arrived Monday morning in Austria/Vienna:)

Nov 23, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #6,638 of 7,354
Can anyone here share any insight regarding a comparison of the sound differences between the Lambskin, Lambskin bass-ported, Vegan and Vegan bass-ported?

I own the Diana V2 and have the standard pads and also vegan bass ported pads which I received today. I also have the Dekoni’s but these are the poorest of the 3 by some margin.

With the standard pads the headphone offers excellent separation, air between instruments, strong (sometimes brutal) leading edges, suburb layering and a real sense of realism. Bass is tight and fast but somewhat anaemic for my taste.

With the vegan bass ported pads the first thing you notice is the attenuation from the outside world. It’s certainly a couple of db’s at least and very apparent with this also transferred into the sound signature. Now everything seems to be taken down a notch or 2 with the exception of the bass. The leading edges of stringed instruments are somewhat blunted and less lifelike for sure. You lose a sense of airiness and depth perception, so these pads defiantly tilt the headphone towards a darker tone. Vocals maybe sound a little less lifelike which I’ve always thought is one of the V2’s strengths. There is also a mid-bass hump which gives a greater sense of warmth which maybe just creeps into male vocals robbing them of some clarity.

As for the Dekoni offering I feel that these skew the overall timbre of the headphone to something that sounds unnatural to my ears. I think they are a poor choice if you value accurate tonality.

Nov 23, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #6,639 of 7,354
I own the Diana V2 and have the standard pads and also vegan bass ported pads which I received today. I also have the Dekoni’s but these are the poorest of the 3 by some margin.

With the standard pads the headphone offers excellent separation, air between instruments, strong (sometimes brutal) leading edges, suburb layering and a real sense of realism. Bass is tight and fast but somewhat anaemic for my taste.

With the vegan bass ported pads the first thing you notice is the attenuation from the outside world. It’s certainly a couple of db’s at least and very apparent with this also transferred into the sound signature. Now everything seems to be taken down a notch or 2 with the exception of the bass. The leading edges of stringed instruments are somewhat blunted and less lifelike for sure. You lose a sense of airiness and depth perception, so these pads defiantly tilt the headphone towards a darker tone. Vocals maybe sound a little less lifelike which I’ve always thought is one of the V2’s strengths. There is also a mid-bass hump which gives a greater sense of warmth which maybe just creeps into male vocals robbing them of some clarity.

As for the Dekoni offering I feel that these skew the overall timbre of the headphone to something that sounds unnatural to my ears. I think they are a poor choice if you value accurate tonality.
I have the MR and have the leather lamp pads and ordered the vegan bass ported pads. The vegan adds warmth. More bass. More lush. But loses some details. I just placed an order for the leather bass ported ones. I feel that might be the perfect pads.

Nov 23, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #6,640 of 7,354
I have the MR and have the leather lamp pads and ordered the vegan bass ported pads. The vegan adds warmth. More bass. More lush. But loses some details. I just placed an order for the leather bass ported ones. I feel that might be the perfect pads.

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts when you have tried the bass ported leathers.

I find the following really opens up the vegan pads:

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 16.47.16.png

These sound exceptional now..

Nov 23, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #6,642 of 7,354
Thanks for the responses. I have an incoming MR with the non-ported Vegan pads. I'll give those some time and love until deciding whether to look into either of the bass-ported options, though from what I'm reading, perhaps the bass-ported lambskin will offer the best of both worlds.

Nov 24, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #6,643 of 7,354
Thanks for the responses. I have an incoming MR with the non-ported Vegan pads. I'll give those some time and love until deciding whether to look into either of the bass-ported options, though from what I'm reading, perhaps the bass-ported lambskin will offer the best of both worlds.
Congrats! I am planning to order next week with the Vegan pads. What configuration did you go with? Forged Carbon, CF, or Sappele?

Nov 24, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #6,644 of 7,354
Congrats! I am planning to order next week with the Vegan pads. What configuration did you go with? Forged Carbon, CF, or Sappele?
Bought Sapele with Vegan pads from a fellow Headfier

Nov 26, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #6,645 of 7,354
ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back