Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Oct 6, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #6,481 of 7,354
I really like Diana MR. You should get a pair too. End of story :)
...and I did, after hearing a couple of times at CanJam. Looking forward to listening at home.

Oct 7, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #6,482 of 7,354
...and I did, after hearing a couple of times at CanJam. Looking forward to listening at home.
Welcome to the club. I picked up a Vegan pair at CANJAM. I preferred the vegan pads sound signature to the leather. Loving this headphone

Oct 11, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #6,485 of 7,354
I’m really curious about the Diana MR. Heard a lot of mixed opinions about previous headphones due to FR Graphs, Distortion, Comfort etc etc. But MR looks promising and there isn’t a single person didn’t enjoy them at CanJam impressions. However, i’d like to know if someone tried both MR and LCD-5, how they compare? since both can be found at the same price on multiple dealers,

Thanks.

Oct 12, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #6,489 of 7,354
If you don’t mind - add a thought as to your opinion on the different characteristics of the Vegan bs Leather ?
Leather has a brighter sound signature. Vegan is more relaxed. Treble is still present, but the overall presentation is smoother as a result. I have very good hearing and am sensitive to highly extended and present high frequencies. I like them, but don't want them in my face. The vegan feels to have a more natural overall staging as well.

Oct 12, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #6,490 of 7,354
So i picked up the Diana MR after hearing it at Canjam Socal! It was so impressive because of its immaculate tuning and wonderful dynamics. I discovered the turning the pads 90 degrees to give it an airgap and increases the bass! Damn does it hit hard. Here is my review

Lol, yeah there are technically 4 different positions with slightly different signatures. Position 1 is with the seam at the bottom corner facing the headphone port. Position 2 is the best blend of staging and bass in my opinion. Position 3 and 4 have the most overall bass (turning clockwise)

Oct 12, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #6,493 of 7,354
I use my Diana V2 when on the go or taking trips. They a very compact with great sound signature. They have the new MR. But don’t know how they sound 1st hand. But the V2s sound good and very forgiving.
A very good buddy of mine has the V2 and loves them. He’s actually encouraging me to get the MR lol. Although I am also considering Empys. Figured I want something warm and lush to complement my Sus which is very natural and detailed

Oct 12, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #6,494 of 7,354
The bass on V2s sound good. The MR is supposed to have more bass and higher sensitivity. But I’ve found I can run on chord Mojo 2 or Hugo2. But I also have the Canyun C9 to make them sing. The V2s scale up nicely. So would be interested in hearing MRs. But if you can get a deal on a used set of V2s at a great price you won’t be disappointed. Especially with bass ported pads.

Also I have found the Danacable Lazuli Utras and the Lazuli Sapphire cables are magical with the Diana’s. I do also have the superconductor cable by the way.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #6,495 of 7,354
Lol, yeah there are technically 4 different positions with slightly different signatures. Position 1 is with the seam at the bottom corner facing the headphone port. Position 2 is the best blend of staging and bass in my opinion. Position 3 and 4 have the most overall bass (turning clockwise)
position 2 is still best for imaging but i do think position 3 has bass boost too. Which pad has more bass between the bass ported vegan and bass ported leather pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back