Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Aug 29, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #6,378 of 7,422
So I just got my Diana V2 and she is great It's making me debate on whether to keep the HD800s though I think they complement each other, one being more intimate and the other more open. I am using the Mojo 2 primarily and she sings beautifully, the portable setup is nice for me to have since I can take it to work/school/trips. Coming from IEMs(u12t, IE600) mostly, I am not sure how scaling for the Diana V2 works. So volume on the mojo2 is plenty, She sounds amazing, I am trying to see what is the next step, within reason. I've been thinking about either getting an amp like the A90D and using the mojo2 as a DAC, would that make her "scale" better? the a90D is useful for my IEMs and sort of transportable for trips as well. I do plan on getting a wa7 next year. So its not one or the other type of situation, Bottom line, would a dedicated amp make her improve sq/scale better?
I have both 800s & 8xx, selling them both after having the diana v2 for a month now, it sounds better than both to my ears, if we are not talking soundstage i like the diana v2 by a big margin.
I pair it with the wa7 3rd gen stock tubes, stock v2 4.4mm cable, sounds fantastic.
the wa7 won't driver the diana to a level it will blow ur head off but it's definitely more than enough volume.

I wonder if any folks here paired it with any other tube amps and what's their opinions about it : )

Aug 29, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #6,380 of 7,422
Since I might not have a chance to demo them, can someone please tell me if the Diana TC headphones are likely suitable for an above average sized head? Thanks.
I may have an above average size head. When wearing my 1266 the headband strap (replaced the stock o-rings with bigger ones) is all the way stretched, and partially resting on the metal frame and I would actually like to have a bit more room vertically. On my Diana V2s they´re on the next to last step without any headband padding, the last step with padding, so I would think you´ll be OK.

Aug 29, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #6,381 of 7,422
I may have an above average size head. When wearing my 1266 the headband strap (replaced the stock o-rings with bigger ones) is all the way stretched, and partially resting on the metal frame and I would actually like to have a bit more room vertically. On my Diana V2s they´re on the next to last step without any headband padding, the last step with padding, so I would think you´ll be OK.
Thank you. That's very useful.

Aug 31, 2023 at 1:39 AM Post #6,382 of 7,422
Anyone has any experience pairing the Diana v2 with the cayin iha-6? I am thinking on pulling the trigger on one, seems a good amp and under my budget. Just wondering if anyone has any experience?

Aug 31, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #6,383 of 7,422
I have been using the Cayin iHA-6 to drive Diana v2 for five months on XLR, high current, high gain volume pot on 10 clocks. It has a lot more than enough power which has a lot of headroom, the Diana v2 has never been sound this good. However, the Cayin iHA-6 sounded not so well first listen, it needs burn-in about 4 weeks 24/7 powered on, it’s a bit warm, I got a little portable desktop fan to keep it cool, after burned-in it’s sounding excellent, the Cayin iHA-6 didn’t add any color to the sound of the DAC/Tube amp, clear notes, really good synergy. It is a best price to performance audio equipment I’ve ever made. YMMV

Aug 31, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #6,384 of 7,422
I have been using the Cayin iHA-6 to drive Diana v2 for five months on XLR, high current, high gain volume pot on 10 clocks. It has a lot more than enough power which has a lot of headroom, the Diana v2 has never been sound this good. However, the Cayin iHA-6 sounded not so well first listen, it needs burn-in about 4 weeks 24/7 powered on, it’s a bit warm, I got a little portable desktop fan to keep it cool, after burned-in it’s sounding excellent, the Cayin iHA-6 didn’t add any color to the sound of the DAC/Tube amp, clear notes, really good synergy. It is a best price to performance audio equipment I’ve ever made. YMMV
Thank you for you input, this is precisely what I was looking for. I was in between the Cayin and the Burson Soloist 3xp. However Burson is much more expensive and it seems the Cayin can deliver excelente results. My other headphones really do not need that much power, the focal and hifiman so if this is enough for the Diana I will go for it. Thanks for the input

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #6,386 of 7,422
I have both 800s & 8xx, selling them both after having the diana v2 for a month now, it sounds better than both to my ears, if we are not talking soundstage i like the diana v2 by a big margin.
I pair it with the wa7 3rd gen stock tubes, stock v2 4.4mm cable, sounds fantastic.
the wa7 won't driver the diana to a level it will blow ur head off but it's definitely more than enough volume.

I wonder if any folks here paired it with any other tube amps and what's their opinions about it : )
Thanks for the input, I was really close to selling, but I ended up keeping both haha. I think they are different enough to keep them both, unless you want a single headphone in which case I would just keep the Diana V2. It's nice to have a good dynamic driver and a good planar. I auditioned the LCD-5 today(which is why I planned to sell the HD800S) and honestly, I felt like it had nothing on the Diana plus the Diana and 800s are both more comfortable(to my head).

Now, I am just trying to decide whether I should get an A90D and use my Mojo2 as a DAC, get a Woo audio mini tube amp, a WA7, or a soloist 3x(non-GT), I am trying to see which I can audition first haha.. So it will probably take me a while to decide lol

Sep 1, 2023 at 2:19 AM Post #6,387 of 7,422
Now that the Diana V2 is retired(hope everyone got theirs), it will be interesting to know how the MR stacks against it.

Sep 1, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #6,389 of 7,422
I’m saving up for Abyss close back model, I heard it will be released sometime in November-December 2023.
Yeah, now that you mention it, there aren't many good closed-back headphones. The abyss one should be interesting, have they mentioned something about it being as portable(easy to drive) as the MR, or is it going to be more like the TC/V2?

Sep 1, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #6,390 of 7,422
Yeah, now that you mention it, there aren't many good closed-back headphones. The abyss one should be interesting, have they mentioned something about it being as portable(easy to drive) as the MR, or is it going to be more like the TC/V2?
No detail info just a possible release date. MR is toward portable, it would make sense the new close back to same direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back