Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Aug 21, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #6,361 of 7,422
I've extensively listened to the Abyss Diana TC and A&K SP3000 combination. It's feasible, but you quickly encounter the limit of the power supply. As mentioned by jz520 the iBasso DX320 provides a better solution, although you still face limitations there as well. Perhaps the Diana MR could be the answer. I briefly had the chance to listen to it at Highend München.
Best of luck!
Thanks…How was the sound of the MR? also looking at the MR pictures are the pads deeper and larger compared to the rest of the Dianas? I hope they would come in coffee and bronze finish as well..😊

Aug 22, 2023 at 7:06 AM Post #6,362 of 7,422
Thanks…How was the sound of the MR? also looking at the MR pictures are the pads deeper and larger compared to the rest of the Dianas? I hope they would come in coffee and bronze finish as well..😊
The Diana MR is designed for mobile usage, featuring a lower impedance. I had the chance to listen to them using the A&K SP3000, although the time was unfortunately limited due to the noisy environment at the exhibition. What struck me immediately was the distinctive sound signature that unmistakably characterizes Abyss Diana headphones. This initial impression left me quite impressed.

Aug 22, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #6,363 of 7,422
The Diana MR is designed for mobile usage, featuring a lower impedance. I had the chance to listen to them using the A&K SP3000, although the time was unfortunately limited due to the noisy environment at the exhibition. What struck me immediately was the distinctive sound signature that unmistakably characterizes Abyss Diana headphones. This initial impression left me quite impressed.
Thanks..now looking fwd to its release early Sept I think😊👍

Aug 23, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #6,364 of 7,422
Hey guys, just wanna ask if the diana v2 will benefit more from a silver cable or a copper cable?I usually listen to alternative and punk rock. Thanks!
I've experimented with "upgrade" cables on my Diana TC. The results are the stock cable is best sounding. IMHO, aftermarket cable was actually a downgrade in sound quality.

Aug 23, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #6,365 of 7,422
I've experimented with "upgrade" cables on my Diana TC. The results are the stock cable is best sounding. IMHO, aftermarket cable was actually a downgrade in sound quality.
Actually I have lately tried an upgraded cable and I also keeps coming back to the stock cable as for my ear it still sounds better.

Aug 26, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #6,366 of 7,422
So I just got my Diana V2 and she is great It's making me debate on whether to keep the HD800s though I think they complement each other, one being more intimate and the other more open. I am using the Mojo 2 primarily and she sings beautifully, the portable setup is nice for me to have since I can take it to work/school/trips. Coming from IEMs(u12t, IE600) mostly, I am not sure how scaling for the Diana V2 works. So volume on the mojo2 is plenty, She sounds amazing, I am trying to see what is the next step, within reason. I've been thinking about either getting an amp like the A90D and using the mojo2 as a DAC, would that make her "scale" better? the a90D is useful for my IEMs and sort of transportable for trips as well. I do plan on getting a wa7 next year. So its not one or the other type of situation, Bottom line, would a dedicated amp make her improve sq/scale better?

Aug 27, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #6,369 of 7,422
Has anybody encountered this?on the left side of my diana v2 there is a scratching sound when a fan air is blowing on the outer part of the headphone but not on the right side.
Planar drivers do tend to move/crinkle when hp is put on and off. Air cause the thin driver membrane to move. its fairly normal. Try not running a fan and see if it persists.

Aug 27, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #6,370 of 7,422
Planar drivers do tend to move/crinkle when hp is put on and off. Air cause the thin driver membrane to move. its fairly normal. Try not running a fan and see if it persists.
There is no crinkle when I am not running a fan but whats weird is it only happens on the left side not on right even if I get the right side very close to the fan.

Aug 27, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #6,371 of 7,422
There is no crinkle when I am not running a fan but whats weird is it only happens on the left side not on right even if I get the right side very close to the fan.
That could be simply from the driver assembly itself. I have the same thing with my lcdx 22. My right driver sometimes crinkles where my left one is rock solid. Not a big issue. As long as it doesn't do that while listening, you should be good.

Aug 27, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #6,372 of 7,422
That could be simply from the driver assembly itself. I have the same thing with my lcdx 22. My right driver sometimes crinkles where my left one is rock solid. Not a big issue. As long as it doesn't do that while listening, you should be good.
hopefuly thats just all there is and not a driver issue..thanks for the response.

Aug 27, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #6,373 of 7,422
Has anybody encountered this?on the left side of my diana v2 there is a scratching sound when a fan air is blowing on the outer part of the headphone but not on the right side.

Pretty normal for Planar. I've been used various planar headphones and this happened multiple time to multiple brands/types.

So I just got my Diana V2 and she is great It's making me debate on whether to keep the HD800s though I think they complement each other, one being more intimate and the other more open. I am using the Mojo 2 primarily and she sings beautifully, the portable setup is nice for me to have since I can take it to work/school/trips. Coming from IEMs(u12t, IE600) mostly, I am not sure how scaling for the Diana V2 works. So volume on the mojo2 is plenty, She sounds amazing, I am trying to see what is the next step, within reason. I've been thinking about either getting an amp like the A90D and using the mojo2 as a DAC, would that make her "scale" better? the a90D is useful for my IEMs and sort of transportable for trips as well. I do plan on getting a wa7 next year. So its not one or the other type of situation, Bottom line, would a dedicated amp make her improve sq/scale better?

Yes, use amp will upscale Diana V2. Actually, you may even surprised yourself once you find a great synergise amp with Diana V2. Adding A90D or Singxer SA-1 is good upgrade for start. Then someday if possible, you should try Diana V2 with XIAudio Formula S or Cen.Grand Silver Fox to see how far the headphone able to keep upscale.

Aug 27, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #6,374 of 7,422
Pretty normal for Planar. I've been used various planar headphones and this happened multiple time to multiple brands/types.

Yes, use amp will upscale Diana V2. Actually, you may even surprised yourself once you find a great synergise amp with Diana V2. Adding A90D or Singxer SA-1 is good upgrade for start. Then someday if possible, you should try Diana V2 with XIAudio Formula S or Cen.Grand Silver Fox to see how far the headphone able to keep upscale.
Nice, thank you for the information. I think I will pull the trigger on the A90D, though I'm between getting the A90D and saving for the Wa7 and work-up from there to later get into something like the Formula s or Silver Fox!

Aug 27, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #6,375 of 7,422
I'd also just add that a tube amp seems to do magic with my Diana v2 I have the LTA ZOTL 3 and it's transformed the V2 more than any amp I have experience helping a headphone. It really surprised me but it adds a bit of decay which really fleshes out the timbre of the headphone and the amp is really clean and transparent so you don't lose noticeable detail so I don't feel like there is that much of a tradeoff. The other nice things with tubes is you can emphasize the mids which I think also helps a bit or you can really tune any way you want but good mid centric tubes can really enhance these IMO.

You have to be careful which tube amp you get with these because of the low impedance and take into account the cost and availability of tubes but I just wanted to mention it as I've really enjoyed these off of tube amps. It seems like I like all Abyss off of tubes amps as well I seem to consistently like the 1266 best off of a tube amp when I was at can jam and I think it's because the Abyss driver is so fast and detailed they just take to tubes really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back