Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jul 13, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #6,302 of 7,377
Jul 13, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #6,303 of 7,377
Anyone's compared the DTC (w/ bass port pads) with ZMF Caldera yet ?
I own both. The DTC w/ ported pads has more bass quantity, especially in the sub bass region. It thumps louder than the caldera. The Caldera has more layers of bass. It also has a more controlled and precise low end. The DTC bass is more in your face and has a very intimate presentation whereas the caldera presents the bass/mid bass from all directions with accurate spacing and separation.

Jul 13, 2023 at 11:47 PM Post #6,304 of 7,377
I own both. The DTC w/ ported pads has more bass quantity, especially in the sub bass region. It thumps louder than the caldera. The Caldera has more layers of bass. It also has a more controlled and precise low end. The DTC bass is more in your face and has a very intimate presentation whereas the caldera presents the bass/mid bass from all directions with accurate spacing and separation.
Are they different ? Will it be an upgrade or not ? Right now i really like how my DTC sounds with my HA300mk2. But sometime I want more soundstage, like hd800s. I'm still waiting for my cable from Norne. Hopefully it will improve everything a tiny bit over stock cable.

Jul 14, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #6,305 of 7,377
Are they different ? Will it be an upgrade or not ? Right now i really like how my DTC sounds with my HA300mk2. But sometime I want more soundstage, like hd800s. I'm still waiting for my cable from Norne. Hopefully it will improve everything a tiny bit over stock cable.
Try not to think of it as an "upgrade". The caldera and dtc are different cans. They are complimentary to each other.

Jul 14, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #6,306 of 7,377

Caldera is clearly deliver bigger soundstage than DTC through all direction, however if you want something like HD800's soundstage with Planar driver, just go to 1266 TC.

Jul 19, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #6,308 of 7,377
Just received my Danacable Lazuli Rhapsody today for my Diana V2s. This cable replaces the great Lazuli Ultra. It’s a Hybrid cable mix of copper and silver wires in a braided design. The cable looks great in the Brown sheath. This design is slot more pliable. I didn’t have a problem with the ultra. But this looks better. Only have burned in for 6 hours and still sounds great. Can’t wait to get fully burned in.

Needless to say I will be putting up my Lazuli Ultras up for sale. Will take better pics later.

IMG_7598.jpeg

IMG_7599.jpeg

IMG_7600.jpeg

IMG_7601.jpeg

Jul 23, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #6,309 of 7,377
Anyone prefer the Suede/vegan bass ported pads with their Diana TC as opposed to the Leather bass ported pads or vice versa?

Jul 27, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #6,311 of 7,377
Can anyone suggest how do I fix this?the pads adhesive came off..can I just glue this together?any recommended glue to use on the pads thanks
You should send an email. I used 1mm thick 3M double sided tape for my earpads after switching the base to regular to ported. It works well with OG pads and Dekoni aswell

Jul 28, 2023 at 12:57 AM Post #6,315 of 7,377

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back