Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jun 23, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #6,287 of 7,388
Hi guys, any recommend mobile setup to enjoy Diana TC?

Can’t speak for the TC, but the V2 thrives on Earmen Angel to my ears. I have also tried my 1266 on it, but only single ended, but it sounded surprisingly good on it.

The Angel should really get more attention than it is getting, it’s a great unit.

Jun 27, 2023 at 7:26 AM Post #6,288 of 7,388
i've been keen to try the diana tc for some time and spent a couple of hours with it today at a local dealer. i also compared it to the v2, which i've auditioned previously. i've already posted my impressions of the v2 in this thread so i won't repeat them here.

the tc's resolution and instrument separation surpasses the v2 to my ears. the tc sounds slightly more refined. its clarity is pristine to the point of 'eye blinking' as tyll hertsen used to say. i've auditioned a few flagship planar magnetics recently and the tc didn't disappoint. i remain a fan of the diana's look, compact form factor and exceptional build quality.

ps - but then i heard the susvara...

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #6,289 of 7,388
I'm looking for a good cable to use with DTC. The stock cable is not as good as I expected. I talked with Trevor from Norne a few times to build a cable for me. But look like he is too busy right now. So I think I will get a cable from different brand. Any suggestions?

Jul 1, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #6,290 of 7,388
I'm looking for a good cable to use with DTC. The stock cable is not as good as I expected. I talked with Trevor from Norne a few times to build a cable for me. But look like he is too busy right now. So I think I will get a cable from different brand. Any suggestions?
Not sure how well the superconductor cable is with the Diana, it makes a pretty noticeable difference with the 1266. When I owned the Diana TC, the cable was too short for me and opted for a 1.5m Lavricable Grand. Great cable ergonomically and sonically as well.

Jul 1, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #6,291 of 7,388
I am using a Arctic cable Vector Grand series Copper/Silver Hybrid cable and its so much better than the stock. Due to the nature of the connectors, not a whole lot of cable makesrs make these cables but AC did an excellent job with mine.

Jul 1, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #6,292 of 7,388
I am using a Arctic cable Vector Grand series Copper/Silver Hybrid cable and its so much better than the stock. Due to the nature of the connectors, not a whole lot of cable makesrs make these cables but AC did an excellent job with mine.
I saw that cable last night and debating it. Its exactly what I'm looking for, mixing silver and copper. Is it heavy weight? I have their Talos cable but its too heavy.

Jul 1, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #6,293 of 7,388
I saw that cable last night and debating it. Its exactly what I'm looking for, mixing silver and copper. Is it heavy weight? I have their Talos cable but its too heavy.
I personally don't find those heavy. I have heavier cables like norne vykari and these seem rather light compared to those. Made to last. Looks good too
20230701_133456.jpg

Jul 1, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #6,295 of 7,388
Jul 1, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #6,296 of 7,388
I am using an Arctic cable Vector Grand series Copper/Silver Hybrid cable and its so much better than the stock. Due to the nature of the connectors, not a whole lot of cable makesrs make these cables but AC did an excellent job with mine.
I agree, I very much prefer the hybrid cables over traditional silver or copper. Currently, liking my Danacable Lazuli Ultra with my V2s even over my Superconductor cable. But will test further.

Jul 11, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #6,297 of 7,388
Hello Diana owners. I have a few questions from those with ample personal experience.

In short, what is the difference between Diana V1, V2 and TC? I'm interested in technical and tonal differences. As far as I know, these 3 types exist.

How far behind are they against 1266?

How much does changing the different factory types of ear cushions change your sound? Which gives the most sub range?

Which webshop in Europe is the safest to order Diana headphones from?

How would you describe the sound of the Diana V1, V2 and TC to an unknown person?

thanks to whoever answers these questions in order.

What is the difference between Diana vs Hifiman Susvara? (who has heard it)

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #6,299 of 7,388
Hello Diana owners. I have a few questions from those with ample personal experience.

In short, what is the difference between Diana V1, V2 and TC? I'm interested in technical and tonal differences. As far as I know, these 3 types exist.

How far behind are they against 1266?

How much does changing the different factory types of ear cushions change your sound? Which gives the most sub range?

Which webshop in Europe is the safest to order Diana headphones from?

How would you describe the sound of the Diana V1, V2 and TC to an unknown person?

thanks to whoever answers these questions in order.

What is the difference between Diana vs Hifiman Susvara? (who has heard it)
I read through about 300 pages in this thread while researching Diana, its all there. Also check out the Abyss youtube channel, they have good videos that answers most of your question.

From what I read they share similar tonalities, but later ones with better technical ability. Not heard of Susvara or Abyss so can't comment on that.

There are quite a few versions, V1/2/Phi/TC with 3 different pads.

V2 is the more forgiving version and the smoother version, Phi is sharper in detail. But generally Diana is not very easy to drive well, even though its small and portal.

I have the Phi, bought on head-fi and had heard V2 in Music Room in Glasgow/Scotland, they are a Abyss dealer and will be able to ship to EU
https://www.music-room.com/abyss

Jul 11, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #6,300 of 7,388
Hi guys, any recommend mobile setup to enjoy Diana TC?
I uses Cayin N8 + Bakoon HDA 5230 + Phi and it sounds great.
If just using N8 I would have to turn the volume up to 100/100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back