Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jun 2, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #6,271 of 7,390
Thanks mate. Yes very excited!! This is a new hybrid one from Wieslaw (brand new model apparently) and this is what he recommended when I told him I had Sendy Peacocks (50ohm) and the Dianas. He's using 6SN7 tubes. Said it's finished this weekend!!
Please post listening impressions and pics of your new amp when you get a chance. Enjoy! 😊

Jun 3, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #6,272 of 7,390
I’m looking for some user reviews for the XI Broadway. Anyone have any experience with it on the Diana V2?

Jun 4, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #6,275 of 7,390
Correct, but not all 2.5mm would be useable for Diana. The safest choice as far as I know (and used) is from Eidolic. The Oyaide I tried couldn't connect to Diana.
Well I have black dragon and Danacable 2.5mm cables that all work with the Diana. Once you tell them it’s for the Diana it’s not a problem. No aftermarket cable will give you the flush look unless you get them from Abyss.

Jun 4, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #6,276 of 7,390
Can someone from @Abyss Headphones please comment on the possible difference in sound signature betwwen the leather vs the ultra suede bass ported pads on the Diana TC?

I have the ultra suede ported pads and would love to know how similar/different the leather ported pads are.

Thanks

Jun 6, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #6,277 of 7,390
I'm about 8 hours into A/B'ing the bass ported pads with the stock and Dekoni pads and I'm super happy with the bass ported ones. Pretty considerable difference in perceived soundstage and the bump in bass is subtle but definitely noticeable. I might be crazy but I'm detecting a hint more resolution on the bass ported pads vs the Dekoni. Not sure what that's about.

Anyone else perceive a bit more resolution on the bass ported pads?

Jun 7, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #6,279 of 7,390
With ear pads, It's about how the material reflects and absorbs various frequencies or regions of sound. The Diana ultrasuade (Vegan) ear pads have a softening effect, helps with brighter sounding gear and/or recordings, or if you'e looking for a more relaxed sound. It's cool to be able to get multiple tonalities from the same headphone just by swapping ear pads.

ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Jun 8, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #6,280 of 7,390
With ear pads, It's about how the material reflects and absorbs various frequencies or regions of sound. The Diana ultrasuade (Vegan) ear pads have a softening effect, helps with brighter sounding gear and/or recordings, or if you'e looking for a more relaxed sound. It's cool to be able to get multiple tonalities from the same headphone just by swapping ear pads.
Hey guys, only had my Diana V2s for a very short time. Really loving them. When I take them off while still playing music, the drivers are reverberating like crazy - is this normal? It seems to be when played loud and with bassier tracks. Sound while on is perfect - they're clean, articulate, clear and with some bass boost via eq, just wonderful sounding. Just curious about reverberation. Thanks.

Jun 8, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #6,281 of 7,390
Hey guys, only had my Diana V2s for a very short time. Really loving them. When I take them off while still playing music, the drivers are reverberating like crazy - is this normal? It seems to be when played loud and with bassier tracks. Sound while on is perfect - they're clean, articulate, clear and with some bass boost via eq, just wonderful sounding. Just curious about reverberation. Thanks.
Its normal, happens with the 1266 also. Has to do with the dampening of the drivers. Supposedly it won't cause damage, but I try to avoid it as much as I can out of an abundance of caution.

Jun 8, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #6,282 of 7,390
Its normal, happens with the 1266 also. Has to do with the dampening of the drivers. Supposedly it won't cause damage, but I try to avoid it as much as I can out of an abundance of caution.
Ok thanks for the info and good to know mine aren't defective.

Jun 16, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #6,284 of 7,390
What’s up with the recent surge in pricing? Edit: ignore, seemed there was some currency conversion to CAD going on that I didn’t realize.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back