Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Nov 6, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #5,821 of 7,354
6E4AA460-B679-45E7-9241-4484E96A384F.jpeg
You can see the clear sheathing lifted and it put strain on the wire. Never noticed it until 2 days ago when the left ear cup cut out. I use them everyday so I take them off and put them on a lot, but I never dropped them or the yanked the cable or anything like that. I chalk it up to previous owners usage and my usage accumulating.
Oh wow. I wonder what would cause the sheath to split apart like that.

I just checked my cable but it doesn't look like there’s any wear at the moment around that area.

Nov 6, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #5,822 of 7,354
Oh wow. I wonder what would cause the sheath to split apart like that.

I just checked my cable but it doesn't look like there’s any wear at the moment around that area.
From what I can tell, it seems like the clear plastic lifted completely out of the socket. It seems like the black plastic is heated to mold over the clear plastic, which doesn't hold very well. Not sure.

Nov 6, 2022 at 12:43 AM Post #5,823 of 7,354
Those were my EQ parameters as I did the Diana Phi 1
still had , played very well 👍

Audiophile Greetings , Nomos

4F0DE885-FF22-4620-B3EA-7176476A7BC5.png
thank you
trying now with a mix between yours and crinacle as per my ear taste!
1667709767214.png

they sound fuller than my previous post

Nov 6, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #5,824 of 7,354
So your settings look out with the Phi 1 .

Added the filter with 5726 Hertz ,..

That looks really good 👍

It's a pity that it's not a frequency

Comparison between Phi 1 and Phi TC is available. Maybe

the Company Abyss compared a diagram with the two and

upload here in the forum .

Enjoy the Music .

Best Greetings , NOMOS

A96E6F4B-F213-4822-B39C-5395D55ACA6E.jpeg

Nov 6, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #5,825 of 7,354
The Diana TC’s are a very tough load drive. It’s the only headphone that has pushed my Trafomatic Head 2. I normally don’t go pass 10 o’clock with any of my headphones. With the Diana TC’s, I‘m at 12 and sometimes 1 o’clock, but boy do they sound good. I don’t miss my AB-1266 TC’s at all. They only thing the Diana TC’s give up to their big brother is some soundstaging and bass volume. The quality of bass may be a bit better since it’s not so dominant. I can really hear the bass layering with better bass definition. The headphones themselves also sound more balanced to my ears.
Did you compare the Diana TC to the Diana Phi? I have the Phi and am considering an upgrade, but not sure. Trying to get some opinions from those who have had both.

Nov 6, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #5,827 of 7,354
What do you think about Diana Phi vs Stealth? Which one you like more?
The more I listen to the Stealth, the more I like it vs. the Phi. I can listen for hours without it being fatiguing in any way which isn't always the case with the Phi. I fell in love with the Phi sound the first time I heard it and I do enjoy it. It grabs you right away - the Stealth doesn't do that (at least for me), but the Phi can sound a bit much on some tracks and I don't find that with the Stealth. I'm curious about the Diana TC because I've heard some describe it as more balanced.

Nov 6, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #5,828 of 7,354
The more I listen to the Stealth, the more I like it vs. the Phi. I can listen for hours without it being fatiguing in any way which isn't always the case with the Phi. I fell in love with the Phi sound the first time I heard it and I do enjoy it. It grabs you right away - the Stealth doesn't do that (at least for me), but the Phi can sound a bit much on some tracks and I don't find that with the Stealth. I'm curious about the Diana TC because I've heard some describe it as more balanced.

Your description mirror my impression about Expanse (in exchange of Stealth) vs DTC (in exchange of Diana Phi). I do still understand if other person like DTC more of course.

I used to had Diana Phi for more than a year. Compared to DTC, Diana Phi is more mid-centric in character, more intimate and forward vocal, and narrower soundstage.

Compared to D-Phi, DTC "expand" the soundstage to all direction, with beefier and more solid bass definition. Treble is a little more analytic with DTC, but also perform better detail and giving more airy feeling. Vocal on DTC is a bit more laidback, but I can feel the richness of texture has better render.

I prefer Expanse due to fuller body, more organic at Midrange area and more spacious soundstage than DTC. However, DTC is simply punchier, livelier and more energetic headphone in comparison to Expanse.

Nov 6, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #5,829 of 7,354
Your description mirror my impression about Expanse (in exchange of Stealth) vs DTC (in exchange of Diana Phi). I do still understand if other person like DTC more of course.

I used to had Diana Phi for more than a year. Compared to DTC, Diana Phi is more mid-centric in character, more intimate and forward vocal, and narrower soundstage.

Compared to D-Phi, DTC "expand" the soundstage to all direction, with beefier and more solid bass definition. Treble is a little more analytic with DTC, but also perform better detail and giving more airy feeling. Vocal on DTC is a bit more laidback, but I can feel the richness of texture has better render.

I prefer Expanse due to fuller body, more organic at Midrange area and more spacious soundstage than DTC. However, DTC is simply punchier, livelier and more energetic headphone in comparison to Expanse.
Thanks, that is a helpful comparison. Have you compared the Expanse to the Stealth?

Nov 6, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #5,830 of 7,354
Did you compare the Diana TC to the Diana Phi? I have the Phi and am considering an upgrade, but not sure. Trying to get some opinions from those who have had both.
I owned the Diana Phi was a stint. The Diana TC's are better to my ears. The Diana TC's have a more mid forward sound pushing the midrange in line with the rest of the frequency response. The Diana Phi midrange sits back and lacks the energy of the Diana TC's. The bass is tighter, more defined, and better layered on Diana TC's. On the Diana Phi's the bass sounds bigger but it's not as technical. The Diana TC's are more resolving, image better, and spacious/holographic sounding in comparison.

I do boost the bass on my Diana TC's as a preference. I also add some more treble energy to balance out the sound.

Nov 6, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #5,831 of 7,354
I owned the Diana Phi was a stint. The Diana TC's are better to my ears. The Diana TC's have a more mid forward sound pushing the midrange in line with the rest of the frequency response. The Diana Phi midrange sits back and lacks the energy of the Diana TC's. The bass is tighter, more defined, and better layered on Diana TC's. On the Diana Phi's the bass sounds bigger but it's not as technical. The Diana TC's are more resolving, image better, and spacious/holographic sounding in comparison.

I do boost the bass on my Diana TC's as a preference. I also add some more treble energy to balance out the sound.
Thanks. From you signature, I can see you have a lot of headphones. How would you rank the Diana TC's in your collection...anything else stand out as better/more enjoyable? What gets the most use?

Nov 6, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #5,832 of 7,354
Anyone got an AMP recommendation?
I've been using a Singxer SA-1 but wanna try a step up. (love the smooth and slightly Deep bass tone it provides.)
I have a pair of DT1770pro I also use often so driving that 250ohms could be worth as well :)

Nov 6, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #5,833 of 7,354
Thanks. From you signature, I can see you have a lot of headphones. How would you rank the Diana TC's in your collection...anything else stand out as better/more enjoyable? What gets the most use?
I have the Diana TC's behind the T+A Solitaire P's and D8K Pro's. I'm always switching up headphones depending on mood. Lately it has been the Spirit Torino Radiante's.

Nov 6, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #5,834 of 7,354
I have the Diana TC's behind the T+A Solitaire P's and D8K Pro's. I'm always switching up headphones depending on mood. Lately it has been the Spirit Torino Radiante's.
i intend to audition the diana tc and d8000 pro but i won't be able to compare them directly. do you mind describing how their sound signatures differ? how do you find the comfort of both (noting that the former is considerably lighter in weight than the latter)?

Nov 6, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #5,835 of 7,354
i intend to audition the diana tc and d8000 pro but i won't be able to compare them directly. do you mind describing how their sound signatures differ? how do you find the comfort of both (noting that the former is considerably lighter in weight than the latter)?
The biggest difference I’m hearing is the D8K Pro’s are fuller sounding while being just as technically proficient as the Diana TC’s. The Diana TC’s are a bit more resolving and faster while being slightly leaner sounding overall in comparison. The D8K Pro’s plays bass deeper without the need for EQ. Add EQ to the bass of the Diana TC’s and they can reach just as deep with the same bass definition.

The D8K Pro’s midrange is more textured, musical and natural sounding. I plan on adding the superconductor cable to help the Diana TC’s in this area. Hopefully it will boost the midrange to be just as enjoyable as the D8K Pro’s musically.

The treble is more airy on the Diana TC’s with excellent clarity and extension. The D8K Pro’s do have air around the instruments, but at the Diana TC level. They both image like crazy. Maybe a slight edge to the Diana TC’s due to their more resolving nature. Staging is about the same. Both headphones play outside the head with excellent holography. Dynamics and transient snap is great on both headphone. Detail retrieval and picking out the nuances in the music goes to the Diana TC’s. You can just hear more of the music with this headphone

At the end, I rank the D8K Pro’s ahead of the Diana TC’s. The gap between the two isn’t big. It’s mainly due to the D8K Pro’s being more musical, having a fuller midrange, while matching majority of the technicalities of the Diana TC’s. Both are outstanding headphones and I’m glad to own both. Having to pick just one would be really difficult. They do sound different and present music differently from each other to warrant having both in a collection. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back