Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Oct 20, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #5,806 of 7,358
I use the Meze Liric when traveling and on the go but when I get there I use my Abyss Diana V2s. This is only so I don’t disturb anyone why traveling.
Are those two comparable in resolution especially given the Mezes lower price point (and I would imagine better comfort despite the new V3 pads available for the Diana)?

Oct 20, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #5,807 of 7,358
Are those two comparable in resolution especially given the Mezes lower price point (and I would imagine better comfort despite the new V3 pads available for the Diana)?
I really haven’t sat down and compared the two. Especially, since the closed back has its use and the open it’s own use for me.

What I can say is I like them both. I had the V2s 1st and the Lirics last month. The Lirics are very comfortable and sound great with any source and scale very well with additional power. If I had the Lirics 1st I would be totally happy traveling only with them. They are an amazingly versatile headphone for the money.

Oct 29, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #5,809 of 7,358
I've had my Diana TC for a couple weeks now. Unfortunately, desktop gear is not something I've invested in due to my schedule and not really having much time to use such things. However, the Astell&Kern Kann Max, to my ears, drives these beautifully. I'm sure there's much more to be unlocked in the future when I can invest in better electronics, but for now, this is an excellent experience. I wonder if anyone else has tried this pairing? Would love to hear other's experience.

Oct 30, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #5,810 of 7,358
I’m trying to find ones that are comparable in micro detail to my LCD-4s. Would you say the Diana V2s are close in that department? I have a Xi Audio Broadway which is supposed to be a good pairing especially with the Diana TCs given their more clinical nature. Thanks for any help!

Yes, the detail retrieval is roughly the same for both of them. Diana TC noticeably perform better in this aspect though.

Oct 31, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #5,811 of 7,358
Bob's back! Happy Halloween...

ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Nov 5, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #5,812 of 7,358
I am trying to equalizing the TC, based on phi's one and the only fr I found online
1667636599691.png

any comment and/or advice?

thanks

Nov 5, 2022 at 5:55 AM Post #5,813 of 7,358
I am trying to equalizing the TC, based on phi's one and the only fr I found online
1667636599691.png
any comment and/or advice?

thanks
What do you think is lacking from a sound standpoint with the Diana TC's? I have a PEQ profile I created with my RME ADI-2 that I can share with you, but it's tailored to how I hear them.

Nov 5, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #5,814 of 7,358
I like them with more bass for sure, and I believe eq is more accurate than create a gap with the pads.. I also noticed on top they can be even more detailed.
Honestly I tried to eq even the 1266tc and all my other hps and I liked them much more

Nov 5, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #5,815 of 7,358
What do you think is lacking from a sound standpoint with the Diana TC's? I have a PEQ profile I created with my RME ADI-2 that I can share with you, but it's tailored to how I hear them.

Hi, have you tried DCA Expanse?

As you know I like Diana in general, and DTC is the most "advance" from them all. I think Expanse is really an interesting headphone when compared to DTC. Both may share some similarities but different at the same time.

For me DTC win in term of transition, fluidity, transient. From midrange to treble is really smooth, while treble presence enhance the information nicely. Punchy, deep and bass definition indeed is one of the biggest strength of DTC as well.

Expanse is more.. well, expanse in term of soundstage, with more accurate to isolate every single notes to create more accurate imaging. I wish DTC can perform Vocal like Expanse, manage to being transparent, rich of textured, but still have lower midrange presence in natural and organic way.

Nov 5, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #5,817 of 7,358
Hi, have you tried DCA Expanse?

As you know I like Diana in general, and DTC is the most "advance" from them all. I think Expanse is really an interesting headphone when compared to DTC. Both may share some similarities but different at the same time.

For me DTC win in term of transition, fluidity, transient. From midrange to treble is really smooth, while treble presence enhance the information nicely. Punchy, deep and bass definition indeed is one of the biggest strength of DTC as well.

Expanse is more.. well, expanse in term of soundstage, with more accurate to isolate every single notes to create more accurate imaging. I wish DTC can perform Vocal like Expanse, manage to being transparent, rich of textured, but still have lower midrange presence in natural and organic way.
Not yet, it’s on my like of “must hear” headphones. I use to own the Ether 2’s with plans to repurchase. When the Expanse was announced I want to get these instead.

Nov 6, 2022 at 12:09 AM Post #5,818 of 7,358
Anyone had their stock cable wear out? Mine just crapped out just past the y splitter, wondering how much they will charge to fix it.

Nov 6, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #5,820 of 7,358
6E4AA460-B679-45E7-9241-4484E96A384F.jpeg

You can see the clear sheathing lifted and it put strain on the wire. Never noticed it until 2 days ago when the left ear cup cut out. I use them everyday so I take them off and put them on a lot, but I never dropped them or the yanked the cable or anything like that. I chalk it up to previous owners usage and my usage accumulating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back