Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jan 22, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #5,042 of 7,354
So Ive only had the Phi's on my head for about 10 minutes now.

I wish I got them sooner. Well, not literally since I did spend a good year with my V2s but the Phi's have that width, detail (I didn't know it'd be quite noticeable) and bass punch that the Diana V2 lack.

I can actually stand to listen to electronic music with them compared to the V2s with wimpy bass IME. My chain is the same thing as with V2s but the Phi's go noticeably deeper. Actually lifting the drivers away from your head increases the bass to a level of fun not possible IME with the V2s.

I really like them. Ill be selling my V2s after all. Thats just after 10 minutes but Im quite familiar with V2 sound which is still a great pair of cans.

Also, the new pads are very nice and a tad more comfy than the perforated ones. I never had a comfort issue with Diana though and tbh I think the perforated pads have a sleeker look that really nailed it in the looks department.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #5,043 of 7,354
I'd love to hear a little more about soundstage descriptions and bass. I'm loving everything else I hear about this DTC's detail, improved tonality and comfort. I haven't spent any time with the Utopia or LCD-5 so the stage dimension comparisons don't quite resonate with me.

Jan 22, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #5,044 of 7,354
I'm not sure whats changed on the TC's vs the V2 (perhaps they are lighter?) - I have had the TC's on for pretty much 7 hours straight today and zero discomfort.

The album 'Zaba' by Glass Animals sounds ridiculous on the TC's. Has anyone got any other albums that pair well with Abyss TC or 1266, if thats even a thing...

Late response but check out these two albums.
I strongly recommend them after hearing Zaba.

Wayne Snow - Figurine
Taylor McFerrin - Early Riser

Jan 25, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #5,046 of 7,354
Late response but check out these two albums.
I strongly recommend them after hearing Zaba.

Wayne Snow - Figurine
Taylor McFerrin - Early Riser
Going to have to listen to them as Glass Animals is one of my favorites and have tickets for their March show in Louisville.

Jan 25, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #5,047 of 7,354
I'd love to hear a little more about soundstage descriptions and bass. I'm loving everything else I hear about this DTC's detail, improved tonality and comfort. I haven't spent any time with the Utopia or LCD-5 so the stage dimension comparisons don't quite resonate with me.
Don’t know if this is what your looking for. I have the AB-1266 OG’s and Diana V2 and Diana TC’s . The Soundstage would definitely go 1266,DTC and V2. The bass would go 1266,V2 and TC. The V2 with a more warm tuning just seems to make the bass more pronounced but we are talking slight amounts. The bass of the DTC sounds more like the 1266 but not with the visceral feel that they produce.

Jan 26, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #5,050 of 7,354
Yes I think all new Diana’s come with the same new updated pads, there are no others. Correct me if I’m wrong.
Yes, I believe the new pads are now standard on the Diana's

Jan 26, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #5,052 of 7,354
^ i don't think so. it's a new ear pad that abyss featured in one of its videos.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #5,053 of 7,354
Are they the DMS pads though?
No. New pads, which accomplish the same goal - increased comfort for a larger majority of users.

Jan 27, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #5,055 of 7,354
Hi everybody, I'm a bit perplexed because pads on my V2 have started to unglue :worried: You can see on the picture how a pad has shifted while V2 sat on the table. And they also peel off easily. That's strange. Why did this happen? Has anyone had that? Thanks!

That’s a little worrying, especially when you consider what these things cost. Wonder if this is likely to occur with the new pads?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back