Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Dec 16, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #4,696 of 7,354
Interesting finding, actually with Diana Phi, I feel LCD-5 is more fun sounding, while Diana Phi is drier and being more analytic.

agreed, with Diana TC for me least. Diana TC so far is leaving me very underwhelmed coming from LCD-5 and Susvara.

LCD-5 wins so many areas leaving Diana TC nothing to fight back honestly. the very most common area they share is how both are very intimate, the rest comes down to who does more areas better and i have to say LCD-5 got it very easy here.

Setup in case anyone is wondering: WA33 Elite Edition JPS Wired with Upgraded Tubes / Chord DAVE + M-Scaler and cables are all after market from Double Helix including interconnects and all hooked to a PS Audio PS12. Power Cables are also from JPS Labs.

Separation, Clarity, imagining, lushness in vocals, micro details retrievals all winners on LCD-5 for me.

if TC had better clarity, better separation and lusher mids it would be a really good can on its own, the bass is fun and different on it and so is the Treble, but thats about it for me.

maybe its not fair to compare it to LCD-5 and Susvara to Diana TC at this point. i guess i had high expectations for it but again its a small can by the end of the day, cant do a lot in that small space i assume.

Side Note i have Abyss 1226 Phi TC and its a very very different beast all together IMO.

you guys got to try high end setups, seriously LCD-5 and Susvara scales up VERY high. Diana TC Hit its limit way faster.

once again this is my opinion for something i Fully paid for. just saying my opinion, and i hope it helped some.

20211216_223020.jpg

Dec 16, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #4,697 of 7,354
agreed, with Diana TC for me least. Diana TC so far is leaving me very underwhelmed coming from LCD-5 and Susvara.

LCD-5 wins so many areas leaving Diana TC nothing to fight back honestly. the very most common area they share is how both are very intimate, the rest comes down to who does more areas better and i have to say LCD-5 got it very easy here.

Setup in case anyone is wondering: WA33 Elite Edition JPS Wired with Upgraded Tubes / Chord DAVE + M-Scaler and cables are all after market from Double Helix including interconnects and all hooked to a PS Audio PS12. Power Cables are also from JPS Labs.

Separation, Clarity, imagining, lushness in vocals, micro details retrievals all winners on LCD-5 for me.

if TC had better clarity, better separation and lusher mids it would be a really good can on its own, the bass is fun and different on it and so is the Treble, but thats about it for me.

maybe its not fair to compare it to LCD-5 and Susvara to Diana TC at this point. i guess i had high expectations for it but again its a small can by the end of the day, cant do a lot in that small space i assume.

Side Note i have Abyss 1226 Phi TC and its a very very different beast all together IMO.

you guys got to try high end setups, seriously LCD-5 and Susvara scales up VERY high. Diana TC Hit its limit way faster.

once again this is my opinion for something i Fully paid for. just saying my opinion, and i hope it helped some.

I apreciate the review. Have you by any chance played around with slightly breaking the seal? I found this paramount on dv2 and phi and noticed a lot of the issues you have with it without a broken seal. Mostly just currious if dtc will be the same in having to realy mess with it to get good sound and a propper fit tbh.

In other news, tbh, I never expected LCD-5 to be this loved. Maybe ill have to get my hands on a set to play with again

Dec 16, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #4,698 of 7,354
I apreciate the review. Have you by any chance played around with slightly breaking the seal? I found this paramount on dv2 and phi and noticed a lot of the issues you have with it without a broken seal. Mostly just currious if dtc will be the same in having to realy mess with it to get good sound and a propper fit tbh.

In other news, tbh, I never expected LCD-5 to be this loved. Maybe ill have to get my hands on a set to play with again
glad you enjoyed. just being honest. regarding fit its good, yet not comfy due the lack of leather or pads under the headband. my least comfortable headphone so far.

i don't think breaking the seal will take me from the current opinion of mine to a wow state, that being said, i do have another pair of earcups as a back up, so might play with that a little.

Dec 16, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #4,699 of 7,354
regarding fit its good, yet not comfy due the lack of leather or pads under the headband. my least comfortable headphone so far.

Sorry, just for clarification, is this talking about dtc or LCD-5?

Dec 16, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #4,700 of 7,354
Dec 16, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #4,701 of 7,354
DTC.

LCD-5 is comfortable once clamp force is gone over time.

Ok, what i thought, just wanted to make sure. But yah, if you feel like playing i would give a small air gap a try. May not change much but its free to try at least

Dec 16, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #4,702 of 7,354
Just got myself a pair of Diana V2s. Fantastic headphone! Of course gotta live with it for a while to understand what it is truly all about, but what I was immediately struck by was the speed, it just sounds so clean!

Unfortunately Im having some comfort issues, not unusual from what I can read on this forum. Specifically its about the pads creating pressure above the ear at the temples. Do the newer earpads that ship with the TC alleviate this?

Dec 16, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #4,703 of 7,354
Unfortunately Im having some comfort issues, not unusual from what I can read on this forum. Specifically its about the pads creating pressure above the ear at the temples.

That is the usual fit issue I hear about (and the one I had). The new pads did alleviate a lot of my fit issues but my TCs aren't here yet to comment on long term wear yet (got about 3-4 hours straight on dv2 with new pads but I tend to like to take a week or two of daily driving for a definitive comment). Imo, if you like dv2, the pads are at least worth trying. Also, I had good results slightly changing the angle at which the cans hit my head. I didn't bend the upper portion of the headband like was demonstrated a little but ago but instead gave the arms a small twist. That made the old stock pads fit better but they were never actual comfortable with those pads imo

Dec 16, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #4,704 of 7,354
That is the usual fit issue I hear about (and the one I had). The new pads did alleviate a lot of my fit issues but my TCs aren't here yet to comment on long term wear yet (got about 3-4 hours straight on dv2 with new pads but I tend to like to take a week or two of daily driving for a definitive comment). Imo, if you like dv2, the pads are at least worth trying. Also, I had good results slightly changing the angle at which the cans hit my head. I didn't bend the upper portion of the headband like was demonstrated a little but ago but instead gave the arms a small twist. That made the old stock pads fit better but they were never actual comfortable with those pads imo
So the new earpads are thinner at the top, or are they softer so that they are pushed toghether more?

Dec 16, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #4,705 of 7,354
So the new earpads are thinner at the top, or are they softer so that they are pushed toghether more?

They are way meatier and even less angled. To be frank, I have absaluteky 0 idea how they are more comfortable than the old ones but they certainly were for me. My only real guess is that they spread out the force more (much more of the pad touches your head) so its less of an issue? Realy not positive tbh

Dec 16, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #4,707 of 7,354
Dec 16, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #4,708 of 7,354
Abyss is literally the last entity that should be giving advice on comfort. Love my V2 sound but hate putting it on. Sits in its case 90% of the time while I enjoy less competent but actually wearable cans.

Pretty sure the Diana "wearables" department checked for fit on a cardboard box and called it good.

Wow... I have the first D Phi and I am literally the last person who would defense Abyss as you might know [Glue coming out of ear pads, too much contrast in videos (Youtube), 21:9 videos are bad for my OLED]. :deadhorse:

But honestly the comfort of the first Diana Phi is amazing. They are light as a cloud and delivering high end sound.
I use them daily for gaming (Escape from Tarkov and much more) and they to do a fantastic job to show where my enemy is and everything else, like gun shots and ambient sounds (wind, rain, animals) from the environment - really astonishing. Today, most games of have a great sound production.
Of course I also use them for music and movies too.

I can not imagine what the new headband could do better. It is already perfect for my head: I can lie and sit however I desire it and they sit.
As I said, daily use and I hope Joe's son didn't lied in one the last videos that they create long lasting products.
Sometimes I wear them the whole day :D

Dec 16, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #4,709 of 7,354

20211216_223020.jpg

LCD5 is dope and vocals are among the best I've ever heard but I didn't expect it to leave the DTC in the dust...very interesting.

Dec 16, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #4,710 of 7,354
LCD5 is dope and vocals are among the best I've ever heard but I didn't expect it to leave the DTC in the dust...very interesting.
Says one guy. A few pages back someone said they might sell their LCD5 to keep the DTC. Different strokes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back