Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Sep 27, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #2,612 of 7,374
BTW can we stop recommending the WA11 for Diana.
@mvvRAZ dislikes it too. The WA11 hype train has claimed another victim.

For the uninitiated, you can read:
My thoughts on the WA11 + Diana V2 pairing.

WA11 is an amp that is just not transparent. It adds low frequency distortions that makes the midrange sound unnaturally warm. An SS amp should be transparent. It is trash.

I am just cross that I was so excited by the hype train of the WA11 and it ended up sounding like absolute garbage.
Can second that. The WA11 muddies and warms up the midrange without really giving the bass any significant or noticeable boost. The Diana V2 already has a pretty forgiving and pleasant midrange Imo, if anything it could do with a little more bass, but giving the midrange more warmth (and in the process, mud), while leaving the bass quite flat and reference just seems like an overkill

I also tried the WA11 with some IEMs who's signatures I'm way more accustomed to, and I found that it does almost nothing for the bass while muddying up the midrange in almost all cases. Wouldn't recommend it personally, and I'd recommend it even less at its rather obscene price point

Sep 28, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #2,613 of 7,374
Is the Superconductor worth getting for the Diana V2? Need a 3m length but might just get the longer Diana cable if the Superconductor doesn’t make a huge difference. I read somewhere that it makes more of a difference on the Diana Phi?

Sep 28, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #2,614 of 7,374
Is the Superconductor worth getting for the Diana V2? Need a 3m length but might just get the longer Diana cable if the Superconductor doesn’t make a huge difference. I read somewhere that it makes more of a difference on the Diana Phi?
Personally, sound wise not really worth it for me, it's pretty similar to stock with slightly more body. Aesthetics + feel wise, definitely yes!

Sep 28, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #2,616 of 7,374
I have the cable with V2. I have been using it since I got it and the V2 sounds great with it. However, given the feedback from other people the V2 may sound just as good with the stock cable, and honestly $1400 is a lot of money. I would recommend upgrading your dap/amp with that money. You will get much more improvement out of it.

I have also received similar advice from a person that uses both V2 and Phi that the superconductor cable creates a bigger improvement when used with the Phi, although it certainly makes the V2 better as well. For him, it is worth getting the cable since he has both headphones; he simply switches the cable depending on the headphone he wants to use. If V2 is your only/daily driver, I would advise against getting the cable.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #2,618 of 7,374
Thanks. Don’t feel that it needs more body so maybe I’ll get the longer Diana cable. Too much to pay just for aesthetics!
I think this makes a lot of sense! If you are getting a new cable in addition to your stock cable, maybe you can also check out the cable from Moon Audio. They make cables for Diana V2 as well, at a much cheaper price.

Sep 28, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #2,619 of 7,374
I think this makes a lot of sense! If you are getting a new cable in addition to your stock cable, maybe you can also check out the cable from Moon Audio. They make cables for Diana V2 as well, at a much cheaper price.

moon's cables for diana have the same plug as abyss do? thought they were proprietary for diana chassis

Sep 28, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #2,620 of 7,374
moon's cables for diana have the same plug as abyss do? thought they were proprietary for diana chassis

I think it is not exactly the same plug, but my understanding is that any 2.5mm connector cable would work. On their website they list it as being compatible with Diana Phi, so I assume it will work with the V2 as well since the two headphones share the same mold.

Sep 28, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #2,622 of 7,374
Also, the Silver Dragon V3 cable is probably a downgrade from the stock cable. Never been impressed with Silver Dragon personally

Sep 28, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #2,623 of 7,374
Most cables with a 2.5mm plugs will work as long as the barrel is small enough to fit into that recess. I have tried some cables from previous my headphones like the earlier 2.5mm Hifiman HE series cables and the Hart Audio cables and they all fit.

With that being said, can anyone recommend some good cables, but not as expensive as the $550 or $1400 cables from Abyss? I have the stock XLR cable for my main listening, but want to get a 2.5 TRRS or a 4.4 cable for when I used portable amps. Ill check out the Moon audio ones, but wanted to see if anyone has any luck with other brands.

Sep 28, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #2,624 of 7,374
Most cables with a 2.5mm plugs will work as long as the barrel is small enough to fit into that recess. I have tried some cables from previous my headphones like the earlier 2.5mm Hifiman HE series cables and the Hart Audio cables and they all fit.

With that being said, can anyone recommend some good cables, but not as expensive as the $550 or $1400 cables from Abyss? I have the stock XLR cable for my main listening, but want to get a 2.5 TRRS or a 4.4 cable for when I used portable amps. Ill check out the Moon audio ones, but wanted to see if anyone has any luck with other brands.
@doctorjuggles is your guy. Makes amazing stuff at even better prices

Sep 28, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #2,625 of 7,374
So I'm listening to the Kann Cube + Diana V2 on medium gain and I'm very impressed. Everything is more impactful with a very enveloping, gigantic sound. The highs are also much more in control and sound super extended.

I'm glad I made this purchase. The screen display of the Kann Cube is also very impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back