Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
May 27, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #1,936 of 7,397
Spill the beans give us some comparisons

Midrange in Diana is more intimate with more "seductive" feel (for my favourite singers). Imaging is "sharper", all placement is so damn accurate. Diana just translate songs in more natural way. Not to mention how fluid each notes transition from bass to mid to treble, sound more effortless in Abyss.

Verite has (technically) one of the best bass in dynamic driver though, complete with vocal and open treble that highly involved from "ZMF woody sound", which is great on its own. But I just miss the more natural feel of Diana.

Well, anyway, today Diana back to its original station, so everything is fine.

Last edited:
May 27, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #1,938 of 7,397
Midrange in Diana is more intimate with more "seductive" feel (for my favourite singers). Imaging is "sharper", all placement is so damn accurate. Diana just translate songs in more natural way. Not to mention how fluid each notes transition from bass to mid to treble, sound more effortless in Abyss.

Verite has (technically) one of the best bass in dynamic driver though, complete with vocal and open treble that highly involved from "ZMF woody sound", which is great on its own. But I just miss the more natural feel of Diana.

Well, anyway, today Diana back to its original station, so everything is fine.
I guess I can’t go wrong with either of them. Which one did you find more comfortable? Thanks for the impressions

May 29, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #1,941 of 7,397
Hello guys, I need your opinions which one to get sound quality wise, Diana V2 or some high end IEM (If there is any IEM on par or better than Diana V2)

I was looking to upgrade my current portable setup (Noble Khan + Cayin N6II) so any input from you guys will be much appreciated.

May 29, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #1,942 of 7,397
Hello guys, I need your opinions which one to get sound quality wise, Diana V2 or some high end IEM (If there is any IEM on par or better than Diana V2)

I was looking to upgrade my current portable setup (Noble Khan + Cayin N6II) so any input from you guys will be much appreciated.

I'm a long time user of Tia Fourte (since 2016), and when compare both of them at the same set up, I do still think technically Diana do everything better (especially imaging, midrange and soundstage quality). However, Tia Fourte (with 64 audio foam tips) is "pumping" the music (and bass!) in so musical way that may make me do headbanging / toe tapping harder.

Also, Tia Fourte is more forgiving with mainstream songs, make it become perfect travel partner when I'm on the move and need energy from whatever music I want to listen to based on my (random) mood.

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #1,943 of 7,397
I'm a long time user of Tia Fourte (since 2016), and when compare both of them at the same set up, I do still think technically Diana do everything better (especially imaging, midrange and soundstage quality). However, Tia Fourte (with 64 audio foam tips) is "pumping" the music (and bass!) in so musical way that may make me do headbanging / toe tapping harder.

Also, Tia Fourte is more forgiving with mainstream songs, make it become perfect travel partner when I'm on the move and need energy from whatever music I want to listen to based on my (random) mood.

So there is no IEM can keep up with headphones. If your main concerns is top sound quality headphones is your choice then.

But there is always this convenience that only IEM can provide like you said, I guess you can't have the best of both worlds.

May 29, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #1,944 of 7,397
So there is no IEM can keep up with headphones. If your main concerns is top sound quality headphones is your choice then.

But there is always this convenience that only IEM can provide like you said, I guess you can't have the best of both worlds.

You are limited by Physics. IEMs only have your Ear canals to work with. They can never reach headphones levels of Imaging and Soundstage.

May 29, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #1,947 of 7,397
May 29, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #1,950 of 7,397
Lol I meant the V2 but I guess PHi too. I am really curious at the LCDi4 after watching audiophiliac today.
From what I understand, V2 and Phi are pretty close with V2 slightly behind in resolution but warmer and smoother than the Phi

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back