Diablo's are Surfacing!
Nov 29, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #721 of 805
1406921790_cc0d373940.jpg

Nov 30, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #722 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No.

Now imagine said Corvette had been in a flood, burned to the ground and then rebuilt. Would you feel good advertising it as a car w/ only 17,000 miles even though you knew that it had all sorts of issues and the potential to give its future owner nothing but fits?

Of course not! That would be a lie and I do not work that way. I certainly do not think Nik is a lier either. Is the thought by many here that he is a lier?

Nov 30, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #724 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Corvette has to be the best mid-life crisis item that a man could ever get.
I would include the Trans-Am, Mustang 5.0 and Camaro ZX, but those have a back seat which means the kids could still come and what kind of mid-life crisis crutch would ever include kids?
biggrin.gif

Having owned many sport cars over the years (my first one was a 1967 MGB while living in the Caribbean) I can honestly say that it is the best one. It is faster, stops quicker, and pulls harder than any car costing 2 to 3 times as much.

But that is only the beginning. I do not use my Vette much, so a month can go by (I know it is not good for the car but ...) and I can still go up the car and it will start w/o any trouble. Try doing that w/ a Porsche, Jaguar, Maseratti, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Say you want to quote reply A, B, C, and D, right?

On the right lower side of each post/reply you will see a tab called "Multi".

Hit the "multi" tab for reply A, then hit the Multi tab for reply B, then hit the Multi tab for reply C...

On reply D hit the "quote" tab and when the new "post a reply" screen pops up you should see replies A, B, C, and D, in separate Quotes but in one reply for you to post them.

Does this make sense? sometimes people don't get what i am saying so i am seriously asking you..

Oh and my offer of $200.00 stands for the Vette also...
tongue.gif

Thanks, as you can see I can learn! Here is a picture of what you could buy,
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, on Reply D, you can hit multi instead of quote, and then when you hit reply, all of the posts will be there in ascending order, and you can edit each one to take out the fluff, and then write your response under each one, and it will show up after you "submit" with each quote in blue boxes with your reply to each under them.

This will work for as many quotes that you tagged with the multi button.

Yes! thanks.

Nov 30, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #725 of 805
It's such a vulgar car, though. If I was a 20-something female I'd go for the middle age man in a Porsche than the middle age man in a Vette.

Unless it's a vintage Vette, then I'll have to think about it.

By the way, I'm not female, not middle age, and don't have a sports car. But I felt compelled to comment anyway in the true spirit of a head-fier.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 30, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #726 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course not! That would be a lie and I do not work that way. I certainly do not think Nik is a lier either. Is the thought by many here that he is a lier?

I don't think Nick has a malicious bone in his body, nor do I think he's a liar. That doesn't mean he can't cause harm. Let's say Larry takes him up on the deal to refund $450 and Nick sends his amp onto someone who's been waiting. Would that person perceive it as being lied to if he were to received a used and possibly damaged amp (due Nick's purposeful discharging of the batteries) after waiting over two years for a new one? Lied to and screwed over is my guess. Did Nick mean well? Even though he's got some pretty strong self-interest going, I think he did. Does meaning well matter if his actions harm another? Meaning well without thinking well doesn't cut it.

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #729 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...possibly damaged amp (due Nick's purposeful discharging of the batteries)...

I did that once! I did say I was going to do it a few times, but I stopped once I heard from you all and fully read the instructions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmk005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has Larry said/written anything about replacing the batteries or is the Diablo intended as a disposable amplifier?

The instructions say that he has to do it, or an authorized service location...whatever that means.

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #730 of 805
Hey, is that wire going to that yellow car a charger? Cool, a battery operated P car. I bet with some research and after market beefed up charger could work wonders!

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #731 of 805
he is right about porsches having to be stuck to a charger though. ALL the ones in the garages are married to chargers during downtime. My hondas dont do that to me though.

Nov 30, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #732 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did that once! I did say I was going to do it a few times, but I stopped once I heard from you all and fully read the instructions.

Good.

Nov 30, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #733 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, is that wire going to that yellow car a charger? Cool, a battery operated P car. I bet with some research and after market beefed up charger could work wonders!

Um, I'm pretty sure you don't plug in a 911 GT3.
wink.gif

Nov 30, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #734 of 805
I bought one from Larry and received it a few weeks ago. When I received it the low gain setting was more like no gain. So I emailed Larry and he was on it, told me to send it back. I told him what I wanted a replacement and if possible increase the variable bass impact. He sent me a email saying that all was done and he was pretty happy with the bass tweak. I should be receiving the amp any day now. Really looking forward to getting the amp back.

Nice plug in Porsche

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Nov 30, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #735 of 805
DSC_0235.jpg

I received mine earlier this week, I paid almost 2 years back.... A friend of mine(same location but ordered quite abit later) has not gotten his yet. I believe priority has been given to those earlier on the list, so the people who paid <1 year ago just got to be more patient...Those considering to place an order now...Good Luck
tongue.gif
!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back