Diablo III Release date officially announced...
Mar 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 79

beerguy0

Headphoneus Supremus
May 15, 2012.

Let the carnage begin
evil_smiley.gif

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/03/15/blizzard-sets-release-date-for-diablo-3/

Mar 17, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #4 of 79
I pre-ordered the collectors edition last month. I got an email from Amazon a couple days ago giving me a delivery date of May 18th (3 days after release), which kind of bummed me out. Then I got a second email from Amazon, promising release day delivery. So, now I'll have D3 in my hands on the 15th
evil_smiley.gif

Sounds like a vacation day to me.

Mar 17, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #6 of 79
I'm with you on that one. This game could be the death of me. Also...since this is Head-fi. What are you guys going to listen to while you play after we inevitably get sick of the score.

Quote:
If the amount of time I spent playing Diablo II is any indicator of how addictive this game is going to be, then I'm honestly a little afraid to purchase it.

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #10 of 79
Good to hear, me and two of my friends all got very lucky to get a key. We all pre-ordered the game right after the announcement in 2008, an epic long time to wait for it. Me and my beyers are joyfully counting down to may 15th. The hours I played/wasted on diablo II are enormous. Not sure which class I'll go for first though. Perhaps a Monk but I'm still in doubt.

If there's enough interest we might consider a Head-fi group of sorts since it looks like the diablo II chat system will be quite different in III. I think it's a good place to start playing with some new random people who also enjoy headphones at the same time
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #11 of 79

Quote:
Good to hear, me and two of my friends all got very lucky to get a key. We all pre-ordered the game right after the announcement in 2008, an epic long time to wait for it. Me and my beyers are joyfully counting down to may 15th. The hours I played/wasted on diablo II are enormous. Not sure which class I'll go for first though. Perhaps a Monk but I'm still in doubt.

If there's enough interest we might consider a Head-fi group of sorts since it looks like the diablo II chat system will be quite different in III. I think it's a good place to start playing with some new random people who also enjoy headphones at the same time
smily_headphones1.gif

That would be fun. I've never used headphones for gaming, I've always been a speaker guy. I'll have to give phones a try, as soon as I get my GrubDAC built this week.

I see you're in Belgium - I love Belgian ales, especially Flanders red. Expensive and hard to find in the states, though.

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #15 of 79
I'm excited for this. I never played the first and actually never finished the second.
redface.gif
  One big reason is that I could never successfully transfer save game files. Every time I tried it refused to work and so I had to start the game over again; so I never finished it.

But I have a feeling I will stick with Diablo III better and actually finish it. Who knows, maybe it will make me want to try Diablo II again and I will actually finish it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back