Diablo 3 boring?
Sep 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #2 of 52
So what? Im not that much of a gamer but 200hours sound pretty much to me compared to some of the latest games I enjoyed for 4 or max. 10 hours. GTA SA Multiplayer entertained me for almost 800 hours over the years :)
my friends quit D3 after like 50 hours, it's not my genre so I didn't even test it in the 1st place.

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #3 of 52
Blizzard is working on it, and in my personal opinion they're going in the right direction. I'm hoping the new bosses and game modes in 1.05 will give d3 more of an endgame.
I wish there was something like the item world that they had in disgaea, that was super fun. Basically each piece of equipment itself was a dungeon that went down 99 levels, and each floor you clear improves the stats of the item. The monsters also get progressively stronger to the point where it's almost ridiculous. Something like that probably wouldn't work in D3, but maybe some sort of 100 level tower would be cool.

Anyways, once there's a challenge again d3 should be worth playing. Right now I can't even party with my friends because it just turns into a race to see who can get to the mobs first since they die so fast.

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #4 of 52
Gotta say i'm a little bored of it too.  Maybe I played too much when it first came out.  Got to lvl 55 and haven't really touched it since.  Diablo II was a revolutionary game for its time, whereas D3 was released in an era where this style of gaming has been almost sucked dry.  Granted blizzard is one of the best at it yet, but maybe it just doesn't stand out enough...very excited for possible patches/additions to the game that will definitely draw us all back.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #5 of 52
I bought this game but haven't played it yet. If you play more than 6+ hours a day any game can get boring. 

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #6 of 52
I am not very surprised. When D2 came out it was revolutionary, but D3 came out so late and there are so many other games that already built on what it is trying to do that D3 doesn't appear that amazing anymore. It could also be that the game is just too repetitive. Supposedly Torchlight II is considered what D3 should have been (fun to playwise anyhow). I don't know if thats true or not but I do find Torchlight II a bit more fun than D3. Just my two cents.

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #7 of 52
I played a wizard in D3 btw

I pre-ordered D3 with a friend of mine and we played the hell out of it during the summer, but at that time the game was horrid.  Then why did we spend much of the summer playing it? We wanted to get 60$ worth out of it before dumping it.   I don't think I've gotten 60$ worth out of it even now.  At the time of release, the first problem was the servers and the game was not playable for many hours release day since the game is always online/no offline single player.  items were horrid, legendaries were worse than blues.  

Pros:
Speaking of skill mechanics, the skill swap system was actually very innovative.  I know many people did not like the departure from the skill tree of D2, but personally I felt the way builds worked in D2 was kind of stale.  You'd be mindlessly spamming a single synergized skill over and over till the point it became a mindless click fest.  The obvious example is the hammerdin.  Sure, positioning yourself correctly to get the best out of your hammers takes some skill, but in the end you're still spamming the same skill over and over.  This is why I think the D3 skill system was better even if some people want to call it "casual" or "streamlined" or whatever.  What the D3 skill system offered was variety.  Different elite packs/bosses required different sets of skills to kill efficiently.  All you have to do is warp back to town to change skills instantly.  It may sound arduous to some people, but I think this adds flavor to the game. 

Cons:
First, ridiculous elite pack abilities especially on inferno.  Often you'd get something dumb like invincibility, arcane sentry, plague, walls, fast, etc and you're dead instantly.  
Second, reliance on the Auction House.  I can't stress enough on how much this sucks.  For most of Normal and nightmare you're fine and items you pick up/farm are generally decent enough to get you through the game while buying things off of the AH will make it easier.  However, you have to spend ridiculous amounts of money on the AH to proceed through later acts of hell or just to touch inferno.  Elites have more health(millions like bosses from previous difficulties) and pretty much spawn with more rage inducing ability combinations.  Combine this with the fact that people that reached/beat inferno earlier beat it through several broken skills that were nerfed hard in a later patch as well as farming a static resplendant chest in inferno(patched out as well).  So basically you have a small group of people controlling all the high level drops and there are no good ways to farm for good items.  I remember being stuck on the end of act 1/second chapter act 2 for weeks because the prices for good items were so expensive combined with the fact that 99% of all drops you get were either absolutely horrid or did not have stats for your class(this was before the buff to drops and allowing item level 63 to be dropped in early act 1).  The drop situation when I quit D3 was somewhat better.  75% of rares found were horrid, 25% are decent enough to be sold on the AH.  This was with like 204% total magic find including 5 stacks of NV.  
Third, nothing to do end game.  The bosses on inferno did not drop boss specific items or have higher chances for rare drops.  I vaguely remember one of the developers saying that they want to move away from farming items off of bosses(don't quote me on this), so end game became stacking magic find and killing elite/champion packs to get Nephaelem Valor stacks, which guaranteed you'd get at least 1 rare drop but most of the drops were bad.  

When you think about it, they really killed end game since the end game of any diablo game was pretty much farm bosses for uniques/runewords/etc and pvp.  Well, when I played D3 PvP was not available, 99% of legendaries sucked, 99% of rares sucked, so it became boring very quickly

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #8 of 52
Quote:
Played Diablo 3 for 200 hours...feel pretty boring now

Why is there some kind of assumption that D3 is an MMO? Because it's made by Blizzard? It's not. You pay a one off fee, no sub. 200 hours is better than most full price games.

I got bored of it pretty quickly after RMAH got introduced, but by then I had done Normal twice and Nightmare. Plus I'll still go back to it when my friends want to play it.

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #9 of 52
76p for every hour....
doesnt seem like good value. 
I have no real intention to play through it yet again. 

Skyrim, on the other hand - 16p an hour. 

Stats away, it was fun the first time through! 

Nov 23, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #10 of 52
Quote:
I am not very surprised. When D2 came out it was revolutionary, but D3 came out so late and there are so many other games that already built on what it is trying to do that D3 doesn't appear that amazing anymore. It could also be that the game is just too repetitive. Supposedly Torchlight II is considered what D3 should have been (fun to playwise anyhow). I don't know if thats true or not but I do find Torchlight II a bit more fun than D3. Just my two cents.

Torchlight 2 had everything that Diablo 3 needed, the gameplay is way more fun and you have so much more customizability with your character.
What Blizzard is obviously good at is to keep the core that plays WoW believing that only in their games the items you have are worth something.
What keeps people interested is grinding for that little chance to get uberrolls on an item, and while doing that giving people something extra (Paragon) to have a so-called even higher chance for good drops.

The first time I reached Inferno I found it pretty cool and challenging, while my items eventually got replaced you are just 1-5 shotting Elites and unless you like the grind, you are done with this game.

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #11 of 52
I found Torchlight 2 more fun than Diablo 3, however Diablo 3 was fun up until inferno, and after playing Inferno for a bit, D3 has made me discouraged from playing this kind of game in general now. Rather Blizzard is no longer the company it use to be

Nov 26, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #12 of 52
Quote:
Why is there some kind of assumption that D3 is an MMO? Because it's made by Blizzard? It's not. You pay a one off fee, no sub. 200 hours is better than most full price games.

I got bored of it pretty quickly after RMAH got introduced, but by then I had done Normal twice and Nightmare. Plus I'll still go back to it when my friends want to play it.

I have more hours than I would care to say on Demons souls and nearly double that on Dark souls. 200 hours for a gamer is nothing.

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #13 of 52
Quote:

Torchlight 2 had everything that Diablo 3 needed, the gameplay is way more fun and you have so much more customizability with your character.
What Blizzard is obviously good at is to keep the core that plays WoW believing that only in their games the items you have are worth something.
What keeps people interested is grinding for that little chance to get uberrolls on an item, and while doing that giving people something extra (Paragon) to have a so-called even higher chance for good drops.

The first time I reached Inferno I found it pretty cool and challenging, while my items eventually got replaced you are just 1-5 shotting Elites and unless you like the grind, you are done with this game.

Just started playing Torchlight 2. It has beautiful lighting effects.
I went through the whole game in one weekend playing a berserker on casual. I was fun, but not very rewarding. I'm new to this type of game so I had no idea what I was doing or where to place the skill points on the different trees to get good power/spell combos.
I did a little research on different "builds" and am in the process of building(Lvl. 12 Act 1 at this point) a fire mage for veteran play.
This build has brought a whole new level of appreciation to this game.
Veteran is challenging without dying(I've died twice already), raining down fire on your opponents is a blast(pun intended), and using a character that you finesse rather than just running in and punching guys is a lot of fun.

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #14 of 52
Torchlight 2 really is a good game for what it is. I haven't taken the plunge into D3 yet, but logged many hours on D2 and the original Torchlight. I haven't had a chance to play in a few weeks, but I really do enjoy the simplicity of the game and it is a huge step up from the first game. I will have to try some online play at some point.

Nov 29, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #15 of 52
Quote:
I have more hours than I would care to say on Demons souls and nearly double that on Dark souls.

Have you finished either one of these? I have the Dark Souls PtD Edition for the PC and it is absolutely the nastiest most frustrating game I have ever played.
You die and then you die and you die and then you die some more!
All you do in the game is DIE! 
blink.gif

That's just way too much FUN in one sitting for me!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back