Diablo 3 boring?
Nov 29, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #16 of 52
I think the whole assumption that Diablo 3 is a MMO is due to the internet connection requirement.

Torchlight 2 was fun. The much requested multiplayer feature got added. Dropping the gem refinement mechanic made players actually use less-than-perfect gems. Makes me wonder how the Torchlight MMO will end up.

And while I'm on the topic of Diablo-likes and MMOs, anyone taken a look at Path of Exile? It looks like Diablo-like MMO with a classless system (uses something similar to the sphere grid of Final Fantasy X).

Nov 30, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #17 of 52
Quote:
Have you finished either one of these? I have the Dark Souls PtD Edition for the PC and it is absolutely the nastiest most frustrating game I have ever played.
You die and then you die and you die and then you die some more!
All you do in the game is DIE! 
blink.gif

That's just way too much FUN in one sitting for me!
beerchug.gif

I have finished both of them countless times over and over on the same character and different builds. I was at an advantage by Playing Demons souls nearly the same week it was released and up to Dark souls, you learn to play the game smarter not harder. It's not a classic hack and slash run in and kill things game; it takes strategy and knowledge in your build+class. Yes it takes a little trial and error near the beginning but if you are still dieing at a near constant rate by the second boss....well.

Nov 30, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #18 of 52
Yes indeed, it's not a run and gun that's for sure.
I'm going to have to read up a bit on the build aspect and play totally different.
The checkpoints are so far apart, but I guess if you don't die they won't be that bad.
biggrin.gif

Strategy... now that's something I haven't seen in a game in a long time.
beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #19 of 52
I have been playing D3 again for the first time sense launch, And think they have done a lot for the game all in all.
The monster power for the maps, the paragon level's , and the buffs to set and legendary items. " kinda makes it feel more like D2 hehe"
But i hope they stay the course with this new direction.

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #22 of 52
Dec 12, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #23 of 52
golden rules: if you play more than 50 hours, it gets boring as all of the other games. :D

130+ hours in Oblivion...
180+ hours in Fallout 3...
Skyrim is still running... :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #24 of 52
It is cool :D i want to connect any game as your's. I love games. I played Heroes series in hot sit mode but i don't really connect nowadays. Are there any advice to connect a game strongly and emotionally?

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #25 of 52
Quote:
It is cool :D i want to connect any game as your's. I love games. I played Heroes series in hot sit mode but i don't really connect nowadays. Are there any advice to connect a game strongly and emotionally?

Demon's Souls and DarkSouls. That's pretty much how those games manage to be good is how they build an emotional connection between the player and it's world.

Dec 25, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #28 of 52
this last couple weeks i noticed a big drop off (added 30-40 people for uber runs). guess people are over uber bosses. my only real life friend who plays does hc mode (which i used to play mainly) but he died to dc and hasn't touched the game since.

overall i have around 400 hours invested. still fun if i only play every once in a while, i mainly play with music on.

not nearly as fun without friends though. solo is such a bore.

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #30 of 52
Quote:
Diablo is CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK zzzz

same thing as all FPS games... CLICK CLICK CLICK zzzz

BTT: yep, people are just waiting for new content, specially the PVP patch. my list has very few people and i dont play much anymore haha.. maybe im really bad with rare/legendary rolls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back