DFW Meet #5. Summer 2007! (Dallas + Ft. Worth)
Jul 17, 2007 at 11:51 AM Post #76 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Steve, did you get any MillettMax boards? Just got a package full of the .47mfd VitaminQ caps...

Me and soldering irons is a very bad match. I'd love to get a little instruction sometime though, because DIY really appeals to me.

Jul 17, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #78 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me and soldering irons is a very bad match. I'd love to get a little instruction sometime though, because DIY really appeals to me.

After i get my shop set back up and everything in order, I could have a few people over and give a basic DIY/soldering class to those who are interested. I have a few Metcal stations, so 3 people could solder at a time.

It will be a while though. Probably late fall before I would be able to do this.

Lee

Jul 17, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #79 of 146
I just bought a Parasound Zamp and Zpre from morphsci to power my Stax SRD-4/SR40 electrets that I didn't have listed. So these can be added to the list, and will make the journey with me.

Jul 17, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #80 of 146
Quote:

I just bought a Parasound Zamp and Zpre from morphsci to power my Stax SRD-4/SR40 electrets that I didn't have listed. So these can be added to the list, and will make the journey with me.

Be sure to give some impressions of the electrets. There isn't much info about them besides some jaded opinions from the usual suspects.
tongue.gif

Jul 17, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #81 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be sure to give some impressions of the electrets. There isn't much info about them besides some jaded opinions from the usual suspects.
tongue.gif

Will do Fitz.

Jul 20, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #82 of 146
I feel like I'm finally doing my part to bring some new stuff to the table. Love 'em or hate 'em, I've definitely got some different headphones to audition this time around. I've finally got my supporting gear where I want it too.
Would anyone be interested in going to dinner after the meet?

Jul 20, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #83 of 146
Quote:

I feel like I'm finally doing my part to bring some new stuff to the table. Love 'em or hate 'em, I've definitely got some different headphones to audition this time around. I've finally got my supporting gear where I want it too.

I am in for dinner. I will be updating this thread some time this week as I recently just got back from vacation.

Thanks,
Alex

Jul 20, 2007 at 8:27 AM Post #85 of 146
Quote:

I would love to go...

Jul 20, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #87 of 146
Quote:

Well yeah, that's a given...we were counting on stickin' you with the check.
wink.gif

haha

I hear Burger King is good haha
tongue.gif

Tonight, after 12:00pm, I turn the big 1 8

icon10.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #88 of 146
I'm really sad now that I will be missing the meet
frown.gif
I was really looking forward to checking out Yin And Yang with the K340's and the Sexetts, as well as Alex's Denon D5000. But I guess I'll just have to buy a pair for myself. I'm currently trying to get a hold of Grado to see if they will refresh/refurbish the pair of HF-1's I bought after the last meet. Then they will be going up on the block to go towards the D5000 purchase and possible recable from APureSound.

Jul 20, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #89 of 146
WooHoo, just heard back from Grado. They are going to refurbish my HF-1's for $40.

Jul 20, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #90 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFaust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WooHoo, just heard back from Grado. They are going to refurbish my HF-1's for $40.

Thats awesome
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back