DFW Meet #5. Summer 2007! (Dallas + Ft. Worth)
Jul 28, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #136 of 146
This was my first meet too. I just got back home and it was a blast. Asides the awesome gear I got to experience, the people made it even better
smily_headphones1.gif

I quickly realized I have a lot to learn. Looking forward to the next one... as well as all the impending pain on my bank account!
edit- oh yeah, I mentioned this to ironman64 already, but one thing that surprised me was how few iems were there! I was personally mostly interested in figuring out what else I should be getting for my portable setup.

Will post more thoughts about the meet later.

Jul 29, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #137 of 146
I had a great time as well.

Thanks to everyone for bringing all of the cool gear and letting me listen to it.

For me, the company and conversation was even better than the gear. It's really nice to see the camaraderie that HeadFi'ers have.

Special thanks to Alex for organizing everything.

I am trying to resist the urge to order a pair of ED9's and Denon 5000's tonight. Curse you HeadFi! Must resist. Must...

Take care everyone,

Lee

Jul 29, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #140 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are we going to start a meet impression thread, or just have at it here? I'll probably not be able to post until Monday night and then I'm off to Vegas for a conference ...

Yes yes, new thread!!!
Can't wait to see pics!!!

Jul 29, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #142 of 146
Just want to thank everyone who participated in the meet and thank akzip for organizing it all. It was my first meet and I was very impressed. I had lots of fun.

Jul 29, 2007 at 10:31 AM Post #143 of 146
frown.gif
...I got there fashionably late at about 4pm...but no one was to be found. I checked the two rooms in the front...no one...and no one in the main building O_o omg that was a long drive to look at children's books
frown.gif
. hah, but I partied afterwards...guess all wasn't lost- sorry for missing it...it was the reason I hit up DFW today.

Jul 31, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #146 of 146
Up all night installing and configging firewalls and proxy servers. Such is life...one of these days....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back