Device To Make Volume Louder Than iPod's Maximum Level
Jan 2, 2024 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pepanee

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have a question about a device that can play louder than the maximum level of an audio player.

So I have the old school Video iPod which uses the 3.5mm audio cable as the input into the iPod. I am wondering if there's a device that I connect the male-in part into the iPod, and a female-out end to where I can connect wired headphones to. I tried looking online for a device that can do that, but cannot find anything like that.

Reason why I want that is because my earphones are a little low audio-wise, and would like to have them play a little louder.

Anyone know of where I can find such device. Thanks!

Jan 2, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 4
It's a portable amp. Something like the Topping NX1 would take 3.5 in from the iPod, amplify, and output 3.5. There are some other cheap options on Amazon.

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #3 of 4
Depending on the iPod model, you should first get a Line-out dock if you can. Any amp that has a positive gain will make your iPod louder. Typically most IEM will be fine with a gain of 3. Typical full-sized headphones will probably be fine with a gain of 10 or so. A good portable amp should have a gain switch that will allow you to adjust the gain setting as you need.

Jan 4, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi, and thanks for the replies. I appreciate both replies.

So from following along with the replies, your replies lead me in the direction of searching for this on Amazon:
"portable 3.5mm amp" (Search for that on Amazon, and see the results please)

I see a bunch of them, and that is almost perfect to what I need. I am looking for some that are half the size of those. Do you know of anything that could be like that? I am planning on velcroing it to the back of the iPod, and I want the size to be about half the length of the iPod, or so.

Thanks so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back