Devialet IEM - will they sound good and be reliable?
Aug 12, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #136 of 146
Just curious on these - is the eartip fit test still a thing in the app? I picked up a pair and when I click that option it just tells me to use the most comfortable tips, then I click okay and it returns to previous menu.

Edit: I see from the latest app release notes it’s been ditched

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #138 of 146
So is the consensus that these are superior to the Xm4 as far as sound goes? I find the Xm4 to be very very good with power amp using LDAC. I ordered the M & D mw08 based on reviews. Looking at the AK uw100 and these. Any more robust comparison to XM4? I should note that I do like Sony House sound, and while clarity, stage, resolution, and so on are super important to me (the z1r with ifi go blu was my gym go to for a while), I am also a basshead and love a solid thump.

TIA!

Jan 9, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #139 of 146
I was fortunate enough to start from the Devialet Expert, then move to the Gold Phantoms and finally use the Gemini. Given that the Geminis are the most affordable product Devialet has (and its introductory card to a wider customer base), I am shocked that they launched them with the original firmware. Getting them to work required real effort - and was a very different / much more frustrating experience from setting up the Devialet Expert or Phantoms (even though both had their own issues). I also have the XM4s and have ended up using them most of the time simply because based on my experience they are much better in handling calls. Don't get me wrong - the Geminis are great sounding, but invariably I get the "What did you just say" response and I know it's time to go back to my XM4s . . .

Jan 9, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #140 of 146
I was fortunate enough to start from the Devialet Expert, then move to the Gold Phantoms and finally use the Gemini. Given that the Geminis are the most affordable product Devialet has (and its introductory card to a wider customer base), I am shocked that they launched them with the original firmware. Getting them to work required real effort - and was a very different / much more frustrating experience from setting up the Devialet Expert or Phantoms (even though both had their own issues). I also have the XM4s and have ended up using them most of the time simply because based on my experience they are much better in handling calls. Don't get me wrong - the Geminis are great sounding, but invariably I get the "What did you just say" response and I know it's time to go back to my XM4s . . .
Same. I also found sq to be pretty comparable wirh Sony having the better all around package

May 1, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #141 of 146
How do the Devialet compare to the AirPods Pro 2? I tested them briefly with my iPhone 13 Pro Max. Sound quality seemed excellent, though I had to crank up the Volume on my iPhone to about 90-95% to get decent volume. (I do not listen at very high volume levels). Is this lack of volume a normal issue when using the Devialet with iPhones. Note: the Devialet App was not installed on my iPhone. Would that have made a difference?
Anyway, I would like to hear from others who have used both the Devialet and the AirPods Pro 2.
Thanks in advance.

Aug 22, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #142 of 146
How do the Devialet compare to the AirPods Pro 2? I tested them briefly with my iPhone 13 Pro Max. Sound quality seemed excellent, though I had to crank up the Volume on my iPhone to about 90-95% to get decent volume. (I do not listen at very high volume levels). Is this lack of volume a normal issue when using the Devialet with iPhones. Note: the Devialet App was not installed on my iPhone. Would that have made a difference?
Anyway, I would like to hear from others who have used both the Devialet and the AirPods Pro 2.
Thanks in advance.
I have the APP2, and am holding out for the Gemini 2. It looks like they will be released in September, so that might be an interesting comparison to the APP2.
Anoybody else looking forward to the Gemini 2?

Aug 22, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #145 of 146
Nothing official yet, but there are some stores (amac.nl and auditorium.de) that had a page up but took it down again.

Edit: rumours are a 13th of sept release date.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back