DEVA Pro with Bluemini R2R--Combining the Best of the HIFIMAN Latest Developments
Dec 29, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #151 of 354
Have you tried another codec? I would try aptx or aptx HD. Also, does the static appear on every file or just a few here and there?
So i've also tried it paired to my phone instead, and also on apt-x. The static is still there. It's there regardless of which app i'm using, youtube, netflix, spotify, etc. Maybe there's something wrong with my bluemini. I'll try reaching out for support.

Dec 30, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #152 of 354
The DEVA PRO is featured in our last review of the year and it's also a new Recommended Buy!

https://www.headfonia.com/hifiman-deva-pro-review/

2021-12-30_09-54-42.png

Dec 30, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #153 of 354
So i've also tried it paired to my phone instead, and also on apt-x. The static is still there. It's there regardless of which app i'm using, youtube, netflix, spotify, etc. Maybe there's something wrong with my bluemini. I'll try reaching out for support.
Are you in the same general area when you play from the different devices? I'm thinking RFI.

Dec 30, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #154 of 354
Any idea how to turn on the "no charging mode"? On the Bluemini R2R there's no charging button anymore (used to be on the first version though) so every time I plug it into the phone or ipad it sucks the power from the devices

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #156 of 354
Are you in the same general area when you play from the different devices? I'm thinking RFI.
Yeah, my first thought was also RFI but no the areas are different. One of them is "quite clean" and the other is next to my wifi router, the noise level is the same. Anyway, i also tried it with the USB-C connection to take BT out of the equation and the noise is also there, so it really seems like a bluemini issue. Anyway, reaching out to my local distributor to see if i can get it replaced. Hifiman also offered a replacement if i ship it to them (at my own cost).

Dec 31, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #157 of 354
Any idea how to turn on the "no charging mode"? On the Bluemini R2R there's no charging button anymore (used to be on the first version though) so every time I plug it into the phone or ipad it sucks the power from the devices
They did away with that button on the second version of the original Bluemini. i thought they said the R2R Bluemini wouldn’t work with iPhones. Is yours working? If so, it likely won’t drop your battery very much.

Dec 31, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #158 of 354
Yeah, my first thought was also RFI but no the areas are different. One of them is "quite clean" and the other is next to my wifi router, the noise level is the same. Anyway, i also tried it with the USB-C connection to take BT out of the equation and the noise is also there, so it really seems like a bluemini issue. Anyway, reaching out to my local distributor to see if i can get it replaced. Hifiman also offered a replacement if i ship it to them (at my own cost).
I am experiencing the exact same issue on my pair as well. The static in the left cup almost sounds to me like it very quietly mirrors the music that is playing in the right cup, but I'm not 100% confident in that. I'll be contacting my dealer as well because I absolutely love these otherwise.

Dec 31, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #159 of 354
There is something funky about the way the Bluemini reports battery status to Android.
I have seen the battery status drop from 80% to 20% within 30 minutes with the Bluemini 'chimes' sounding in my Deva Pro's.
I now know that when the chimes sound you must plug the Bluemini into a 5V USB powered port to recharge the battery. You have only about 5 minutes of play time once you hear the chimes.

I suppose that this is partly due to the small capacity of the battery in the Bluemini. The smaller the capacity, the more difficult it becomes to read accurate battery levels.

Jan 1, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #161 of 354
I am experiencing the exact same issue on my pair as well. The static in the left cup almost sounds to me like it very quietly mirrors the music that is playing in the right cup, but I'm not 100% confident in that. I'll be contacting my dealer as well because I absolutely love these otherwise.
Yeah, it kinda sounds like that to me as well. I've also noticed that the static volume stays constant, even if you lower the source volume down, so it really becomes super obvious. Will probably show this behavior to my dealer to demonstrate the issue.

Jan 2, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #165 of 354
While charging my Bluemini, I have noticed that after a couple hours the red will change to green. Sometimes if I leave the Bluemini plugged into the USB port, the LED will change back to red for a while before returning to green. I'm not sure what is going on there. If I put an ammeter in series with the USB cable I see that the current drops to 0mA when the green LED comes on. I haven't yet determined what happens to cause the LED to change back to RED. I haven't had the ammeter dongle in-line when that happens, but will do so from this point forward in an attempt to know what is happening. I would only assume that if the LED is RED, there will be current flow into the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back