DEVA Pro with Bluemini R2R--Combining the Best of the HIFIMAN Latest Developments
Sep 2, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #332 of 354
Deva Pro owners - dusted mine off for a while. Not bad but a little thin and bright. Would like a little more weight and bass. What's the best step up? Edition XS? Ananda Stealth? Nanos are probably out of my price range. Thanks.

I have the Deva Pro wired and the Edition XS. The EXS is a significant upgrade. Way thicker bass and heavier note weight across the board.

Sep 3, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #334 of 354
Thanks. I've read they are large and loose. I have a small head. Any issues?

They’re large, yes. They cover basically the whole side of your head. As to the clamp force, I find it sufficient. I think it’s a little tighter than the Deva Pro (though the shape and how it distributes the weight may be a factor there as well.)

Sep 16, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #335 of 354
Hello, I have a question. When the Deva Pro works via BT, is the minimum volume loud? It's for Android. I returned the Deva 1, due to a very strong minimum volume on BT. Thanks for your help. I write from Spain.

Sep 17, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #340 of 354
Hello, I have a question. When the Deva Pro works via BT, is the minimum volume loud? It's for Android. I returned the Deva 1, due to a very strong minimum volume on BT. Thanks for your help. I write from Spain.
On my Android-based DAP the Bluemini R2R seems to have 30 volume steps. With classical I might be at 15/30 for a comfortable listening volume on some albums. With EDM/pop-ish material, it might be more like 8/30 or 10/30. If anything my complaint with the Bluemini R2R is that the steps between volumes are too large, meaning it can be a challenge finding the "just right" volume at times. If the minimum volume was a little higher and the maximum volume a little lower, it'd make adjustments easier.

The one thing I'll say for certain is that the announcements and beeps from the device are FAR too loud and accompanied by an annoying set of clicks/pops. Most of the time I remember to turn them on or off when they're not on my head. Also, the minimum volume over USB is definitely far too loud.

I don't have an original Deva/Bluemini to compare but hopefully this gives you some idea. For another comparison, the Grado GW100x can definitely be too loud at 1/10.

Sep 17, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #341 of 354
I don't see any problem other than the jumps are bigger maybe than you might want but they play at a very low volume on my pixel.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #343 of 354
Hi all! I recently wrote this comparison of the HE400SE and the Deva PRO - hope somebody finds it useful :)

No bluetooth, just wired though

https://www.headphoneer.com/hifiman-deva-pro-vs-he400se-comparison-review/

wp-1701364413821.jpg

Dec 3, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #344 of 354
Hi all! I recently wrote this comparison of the HE400SE and the Deva PRO - hope somebody finds it useful :)

I agree with what you wrote about the Deva Pro's bass being somewhat loose and uncontrolled, and I found that the Dekoni Elite Velours really improved the bass tightness. Part of it is that they actually seal instead of just sitting loosely around my ears like the stock pads, but also the velour material responds differently than the materials Hifiman uses in their stock pads. The quantity of the bass does go down when using the Dekoni pads but it's much more precise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back