Detroit Area (Royal Oak) Head-Fi Meet - Impressions
Jan 28, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #31 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely try to make it around next time. This was my first meet and it was so fun.
Oh, I brought a couple CD's and that just happened to be an empty case lying around :p

I will plan on it!!!

GO BLUE!!

Jan 28, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #33 of 74
Dang, really wish I coulda made it out there. It's only a two and a half hour drive from where I live (suburban cleveland) and it looked like a really lively meet. I'll try to make it out next time.

Jan 28, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #34 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dang, really wish I coulda made it out there. It's only a two and a half hour drive from where I live (suburban cleveland) and it looked like a really lively meet. I'll try to make it out next time.

Same here. I'd have a little shorter drive than Billy had, so next time I think I'll make the run. Looks like a good time was had by all.

A_Sr

Jan 28, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #35 of 74
Thanks David for hosting a really fun event. I enjoyed most meeting everyone that shares a love for this hobby. I think it would be great if David became a Stax dealer. I'm still waiting to hear some O2s. It was nice to hear the HE60s. I will definitely try to make the next meet.

Jan 29, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #36 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveM324 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks David for hosting a really fun event. I enjoyed most meeting everyone that shares a love for this hobby. I think it would be great if David became a Stax dealer. I'm still waiting to hear some O2s. It was nice to hear the HE60s. I will definitely try to make the next meet.

We need someone to bring one of those bad ***** Blue Hawaii/ES1/Aris... to the next meet along with the Omega. I think David will have no choice but to carry the STAX line cuz it will probably blow him away (judging from how great babyO sounds!)

After I finish my spkr rig, I think its time for me to explore the world of electrostats...
very_evil_smiley.gif
this place is a curse..I thought I was done with headphone for good! Now I am really really sorry about my wallet.

Jan 29, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #37 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh...pre-production Senns?!!!!! Nice pics. Nice gear. Need impressions.

[size=medium]PRE-PRODUCTION SENNS?[/size] Do tell.

not my cup of tea wrt sound (mid/low range congestion). But the noise cancellation works great ('talk through' feature is a very nice plus). Maybe a good choice for flights and noisy buses.

I guess the disclaimer is: hard to judge cans during meet.

Jan 29, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #38 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaseJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy crap i left my PS for my HEV-70 at davids house. Well did anyone grab it by chance or know if david has it?

Please tell me that you turned up with this in the end??!!
eek.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #39 of 74
Very cool, and very similar impressions to our NYC minimeet! Yeah the PK1 was a huge surprise, since that bud blew away all my portable cans. But the KSC75 still had the edge over the PK2 in SQ, and cmon, at 25 bucks the koss clip is hard to beat. I love that you guys plugged it into the B52!

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #40 of 74
Quote:

Royal Oak, my childhood home...915 Englewood...can't believe I still remember. Looking forward to impressions and pics.

Elrod-tom, I noticed you have Brightblack Morning Light in your sig. I've been trying to turn people on to that CD for awhile, and they all think I'm nuts, except for jp-nums, who is nuts. My boss, with whom I regularly share music, suggested I get drug tested...no lie. Anyway, nice to see another fan.

I don't doubt that playing that music might make one's boss suggest that a drug test might be in order. I try to keep my fondness for Pink Floyd as low key as possible while at work. Amazing the things that people assume.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I found that CD in one of the UK music rags that I read (Mojo or Uncut...I think it was Uncut), and checked it out on Yahoo! Music. The day that I bought it (at Dearborn Records...one of the great classic brick & mortar record stores out there), someone noticed it and said, "Whoa, that's a really great album you got there dude!!" Good find, for sure...I've really been enjoying it a lot.

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #41 of 74
Quote:

Uh...pre-production Senns?!!!!! Nice pics. Nice gear. Need impressions.

[size=medium]PRE-PRODUCTION SENNS?[/size] Do tell.

I had hardly any time with them, but I liked them a lot. I seem to recall that Jude said that they were based on the HD 555, but with noise cancellation circuitry. I liked the talk-through circuitry...bottom line: it seemed to work pretty well and sound good in my limited time. I'm reminded, of course, that meet conditions are not the best for forming impressions about all sorts of gear. In this case, however, it might be a pretty good environment at that.

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #43 of 74
Isn't the silver cdp a Music Hall Maverick SACD player?

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #44 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaseJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any of you guys who stayed there after say 5:30 didnt by chance see my wall wart for my amp did you?

Did you call David? I don't recall seeing it, however.

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #45 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't the silver cdp a Music Hall Maverick SACD player?

Yes it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back