Detroit-Area Meet!! Saturday, August 7th!! UPDATED 8/5!!
Jul 25, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #16 of 29
I can do you for the balanced source,my Meridian G08 and might be able to swing the R10s as well. If Ray does'nt come,I can't promise PS1s but I'll try for them too.

I'll bring:

HD 600
HD650
Omega II
HP2
HP1

amps:
Stealth(if Ray Does'nt attend)
Meier Prehead LM
Meier HA1-MKII

Sources:
Meridian G08
Musichall Maverick
Philips 963

I don't think I'll have room for much else if Ray attends and rides with me.

Jul 25, 2004 at 11:00 PM Post #17 of 29
Tubes, you are the man!!

As much as I'd like to get another listen to the Stealth, I'd rather have Ray there...so let me know how all that's gonna work out.

Jul 26, 2004 at 1:35 AM Post #18 of 29
BTW - I've updated the gear list...and it looks pretty damn impressive if I do say so myself!! Just thought y'all would like to know....

Thanks again to everyone

Jul 26, 2004 at 5:04 AM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
I can do you for the balanced source,my Meridian G08 and might be able to swing the R10s as well. If Ray does'nt come,I can't promise PS1s but I'll try for them too.

Just kidnap Ray if you have to Fred, it wouldnt be nearly the same without him. Besides, you know how much he enjoys your driving, he wouldnt want to miss that!
REALLY looking forward to having the chance to see all you guys, and to audition your new GO8..........though (glancing at my wallet) maybe I should be afraid!
And your wish is my command, Tom, the Sony SACD Mods "Hot Rod" 555ES will accompany me.

JC

Jul 26, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

I'll bring:

HD 600
HD650
Omega II
HP2
HP1

amps:
Stealth(if Ray Does'nt attend)
Meier Prehead LM
Meier HA1-MKII

Sources:
Meridian G08
Musichall Maverick
Philips 963

hey fred I wann go to the detroit meet, I can drive my TT up there to.
I wouldnt mind another body in the car to keep me awake but then again a 4 hour drive isnt so bad with just listening to music and all. maybe hpfully some one else would want to drive with me there though.

My gear ill bring

grado ps-1,
grado sr-40 if you want

nad542

RS hr2

and if you want my new sony d-ej2000 or my jacuzzi rig if done by then

I would love the r10's at the chicago meet, but I dont really think ill get much chance to listen to them really while playing host.
so I am glad they will be at this one.

if mr, woo lets me keep his amp for another week then ill bring the woo audio amp he sends..
I am not sure which one he is sending though...maybe the wooaudio 3

and elrod please make sure you have lots of coffee, ill need it for the drive back

Jul 26, 2004 at 5:20 AM Post #21 of 29
I had a thought of maybe getting my dad to let us borrow his new conversion hightop van. this thing is loaded!
leather all over the place, plasma tv with a real 5.1 surround theater in back..

the best part is at every window in the back there is two headphone jacks...
lol so in theory we could have a mini meet on the way.

but there is no way i can go from a tt to a van safely..so the driver would have to be fred.

it was a thought atleast

Jul 26, 2004 at 6:28 AM Post #22 of 29
If you're serious about the van,I'll be happy to drive. If not,I'll likely have Ray sitting beside me in the T/A because I found that there is actually more storage space in it than my Caddy,it gets better gas milage too.

Edit: I've asked several sources about R10s and I'm waiting on responses now. You'll know as soon as I do.

Jul 26, 2004 at 6:32 AM Post #23 of 29
Tom,You'll get a Stealth either way but I know if Ray comes he'll bring his own which would make mine redundant.

Jul 29, 2004 at 4:36 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

If you're serious about the van,I'll be happy to drive. If not,I'll likely have Ray sitting beside me in the T/A because I found that there is actually more storage space in it than my Caddy,it gets better gas milage too.

Edit: I've asked several sources about R10s and I'm waiting on responses now. You'll know as soon as I do.

hey I asked him about the van and he said he has a golf outing.

He asked why dont we get a limo....lol

Jul 30, 2004 at 10:54 PM Post #25 of 29
Barring some weirdness, I'll be there. I don't have a lot interesting to bring. I have a pair of 580s, a Headroom Home (looks like we'll have the full lineup), a Pioneer DV-47A (maybe interesting to compare against the "i" version, let me know if it's worth it or not. Seems like there are a lot of sources already), and I may be able to scrounge up some Wadias. My personal 16i is tracking funny, I might be able to have it fixed by then. If not, Jude has a W6 on loan that he can bring if he wants. Getting a 302 is probably not possible due to the number of orders lately. See you all there!

Aug 4, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #26 of 29
Hi everyone,

I'll be sending via PM directions and contact info later this evening to all those who have said that they are coming. If anyone else is interested in coming, please contact me via PM ASAP with the following contact information:

name
e-mail address
telephone #

I'll also update the gear thread a bit, as there have been a few additions. Looking forward to seeing y'all this weekend!!

Aug 5, 2004 at 10:26 AM Post #27 of 29
Please contact me tonight via PM if you have not received your directions and contact info for the meet. Thanks.

Aug 6, 2004 at 12:56 AM Post #28 of 29
Notice to all meet participants:

I will be sending out another PM with some final details about starting times, parking, and so on. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Aug 6, 2004 at 10:35 AM Post #29 of 29
I've now sent out two PM's with contact info and final details. If you have not received either of these, please contact me via PM immediately.

Please check this site often for updates over the course of the next day.

See you tomorrow!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back