Detroit-Area Meet!! Saturday, August 7th!! UPDATED 8/5!!
Jun 8, 2004 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
UPDATED 8/5/04: OK, we're making good progress towards what I think will be a very nice meet on Saturday, August 7th. Thanks to everyone who voted in the poll, and I"m looking forward to seeing all of you.

Sorry about all the flipping and flopping, but a LOT of stuff has come up in the short run, and with almost no warning. If you've sent me a PM lately about the meet, please be assured that I've not forgotten about you. I've just been swamped with personal stuff, including eye surgery for my 5 year old daughter. Thanks for your patience....

I have now also updated the gear list. As you can see, it's pretty impressive.

For any attendees, please PM me (if you haven't already) with the following information:

Name
E-Mail address
Phone #
Gear that you will be bringing
Wish-List Gear for the Meet

The official meet will start by 11:00 AM, and run most of the day. Depending on how things go, it might go SLIGHTLY into the evening, but I've promised Mrs. Elrod that the only stereo wierdo hanging around until all hours of the night will be me
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I've got a newly constructed deck, and there are outdoor speakers too!! Later in the day, we can probably hang out back and grill some burgers and brats and dogs and such....just not TOO late.
very_evil_smiley.gif

The attendee list and gear list are now updated for the most recent respondees. This is going to be fun...looking forward to seeing y'all next month!!

Attendees:

elrod-tom
btaki
jude
nightfall
Tuberoller
Ray Samuels
The Mac
jefemeister
bhd812
chosen1
porksoda
babykenny
Air_David
jmzzz01

Headphones:

AKG K1000
AKG K501
AKG K271S
Grado SR225
Shure E3C
Sennheiser PX-100
Senn HD497
Grado SR-125
Grado SR-225
Grado PS-1
Grado HP-2
Grado HP-1
Grado SR-80
Grado SR-325
Sennheiser HD 600
Sennheiser HD 650
Stax Omega II

Amps:

HeadRoom Total Airhead (2004)
HeadRoom BitHead
HeadRoom Little More Power Premium
HeadRoom Cosmic
HeadRoom Max
HeadRoom BlockHead
Ray Samuels XR-71
Ray Samuels Emmeline XP-7
Ray Samuels HR-2
Ray Samuels Stealth
ASL MG-Head DT/OTL-32
PPA
PiMeta
Terratec EWX 24/96 computer source.
Aiwa XR-X77
Marantz 2270b
Eddie Current HD300
Meier Audio CORDA PREHEAD

Sources:

Elite DV-47Ai
MSB Gold Link III DAC
Pioneer DV-563A
Parasound 800
Meridian 507
Meridian G08
Musichall Maverick
Philips 963
NAD 542
Sony 555 w/ SACD Mods
Arcam Alpha 9
Wadia 6
Bel Canto DAC2

iMP-350
iRiver IMP-400
iPod (1st Gen) 5mb
Sony d-ej2000
Sony d-4 discman

M-Audio Audiophile USB
ath-em7

WISH LIST GEAR:
Sony MDR-R10
Nice Reel-to-Reel Rig
More Sources -
Power Conditioning Equipment
3-Prong (LONG ones) Extension Cords
Headphone Extension Cables

Jun 9, 2004 at 3:44 AM Post #2 of 29
I will be in Poland that week-end visiting my in laws. I will be back on the 20th of july, if the meet was the week-end after the 20th I might come & try to drag some headfiers with me too.
If not, wish you the best time...
Ray Samuels

Jun 11, 2004 at 2:55 AM Post #3 of 29
I'm going to be rescheduling this tentatively for Saturday, July 31st. I'll get back with more details VERY shortly, but all should be pretty much the same.

Jun 11, 2004 at 7:59 AM Post #4 of 29
I'd love to attend (if I'm welcome).

I'd be bringing my PC as a source (Terratec EWX) and SR-125's, and a marantz 2270 if it's wanted.

Thanks!

Jun 12, 2004 at 4:15 AM Post #5 of 29
Of course you're welcome...but since you're from Canada, I'm going to have to ask that you bring 33% more gear.
wink.gif

Jun 12, 2004 at 4:46 AM Post #6 of 29
Did you know you planned this for the same day as the Chicago Meet? Are you Trying to make this hard for me?

Hmmmmmmmmmm? I gotta see.

Jun 12, 2004 at 12:45 PM Post #7 of 29
Uh...no, I didn't know that....GRRR

OK...Now I'll have to see what happens from here.

Jun 13, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #8 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
Uh...no, I didn't know that....GRRR

OK...Now I'll have to see what happens from here.

July 24 or 25 maybe?

Jun 14, 2004 at 4:08 PM Post #9 of 29
Unfortunately, that weekend won't work.

What's thrown this whole thing into chaos is that my daughter needs to go in for surgery (nothing serious, but recovery may be an issue for a week or so). Obviously I don't want to do the meet the same weekend as the Chicago meet, so I'll let y'all know once I've figured the rest of this out.

Jun 22, 2004 at 3:25 AM Post #11 of 29
OK...I think we've got this all straightened around. Sorry about all the confusion folks, but my daughter's surgery has thrown my schedule into chaos. Please take a moment to vote in the poll, and we'll get a date hammered out ASAP.

Jul 1, 2004 at 1:32 AM Post #12 of 29
I'm pleased to announce that this is finally all straightened out. The meet will be held on Saturday, August 7th. Please re-PM if you've done so before with a list of gear that you want to bring. Please also include your name, e-mail address, and telephone number. Thanks....

Jul 23, 2004 at 8:36 PM Post #13 of 29
Any new updates on attendees/gear/address? Just getting nearer to the date and I'm starting to get excited about things.

Addendum: I've got a pair of CD1700 in the mail on the way to me that I'll be bringing to the meet, and may have them in time for the Chicago meet if the road trip is happening. Hopefully there will be a spare amp someone could lend me at each meet to hook up to my PC instead of using my crappy sharp microsystem as an amp.

Thanks
-Jake

Jul 24, 2004 at 5:53 PM Post #14 of 29
Hi All:

I'll be updating the thread later tonight or early tomorrow. I've been burried with this and that, and simply have not had the time.

Tune in later and see....thanks.
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #15 of 29
Hi All,

I've updated the attendee list. Anyone who is interested in coming who has not done so yet, please contact me via PM ASAP!! Thanks...

PS - Gear list will be updated later today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back