Detroit - Ann Arbor meet. Let's make it happen.
Dec 29, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #46 of 218
I can check with a friend of mine that helps run a co-op work space in Ann Arbor. It can hold about 20 with out much of a issue. I will check if the 15 will work for them and I will post with the answer.

Will this work for most people? 

Thanks,
Walter

Dec 31, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #50 of 218
thanks for offering to host it.  The 15th is cool with me, but I think people are waiting to see what Jude says in terms of max capacity.  If he says something like only 6 people are allowed, or something like that, then we would probably need another get together like yours.  What does everyone else think?

Dec 31, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #51 of 218
The 5th of Feb is a challenge because that's the weekend following Lunar New Year. Other than that, any weekend date from Jan 15th onward works for me.

If it's in Ann Arbor, I can help with setup or cleanup; if it's outside Ann Arbor, I can carry a passenger.

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #52 of 218

Quote:
I just got the OK for a space in Ann Arbor on the 15th. Is that OK? or do we want to do it later in the month at Jude's place? Please chime in with your ideas. 

Thanks,
Walter

Keep it at the 15th.  My job is a 24/7/365 type of thing and that's the only weekend out of the dates you listed so far that works perfect for me.  Plus it's the popular choice.  I look forward to checking this out as this is all relatively new for me.

Jan 1, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #54 of 218
I just talked with Jude, 

Looks like we have two choices, meet on the 15th at my friends place in Ann Arbor or Jude said he thinks we could meet at his place at the end of the month or early next month. Jude also said he thinks he will be able to make it to Ann Arbor on the 15th. 

I vote for the 15th for no other reason than its what most people want. Unless I hear a lot of people calling out to do it later in the month we will move forward for a meet on the 15th. 

I think it would be good if people post what they will bring, I know some of you have all ready so thank you for that. 

Right now I will be bringing: 
Headroom Micro DAC 
Headroom Micro amp
RSA Protector amp
EHHA rev. A amp (if all the parts come in on time)
Grado RS-1
Grado ST-80 (might have some mods)

My friend that is helping with the hosting will have:
Mapletree Audio Designs tube headphone amp 
Sennheiser HD600
Grado ST-80

Thanks,
Walter

Jan 1, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #55 of 218
As noted, I can bring anything in my profile on request (it requires an update, I see edit: updated). But I will probably bring at least:

Phones:
MB Quart QP95x
AKG K702
AKG K240 Sextett LP
Realistic Pro 50 (effectively an AKG K250 Sextett)
DBI Pro 705 TWAg.

Amps:
Elekit TU-882AS (which may or may not get a parts upgrade before the meet)
Leckerton UHA-6S

For source equipment:
Corda crossfeed box (a DIY version)
Beyond that, haven't decided yet. Either an iPod 5g loaded with ALAC files ripped from CDs, or if I feel ambitious I'll bring my entire home desktop setup.

(edit: I've been getting increasingly interested in planars, so I'll probably be asking to try out any orthos or electrodynamics people bring. Fair warning.)

Jan 1, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #56 of 218
I can bring the following...I'm just starting with this whole headphone world so my equipment may appear "inferior" to others but I didn't see anyone mentioning bringing any of what I list below.

Phones: Denon AH-D7000, Sennheiser HD595, Grado SR-80 (semi-broken but works)
DAC/Amps: Audio-GD FUN (Version A)
Source: My laptop with some of my DSP/EQ software along with any audio/video requests to demo out with (FLAC, MP3, MKV, Bluray, etc.).  I have a full fledged loaded HTPC at my house that I can transfer some stuff to my laptop for the meantime

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #57 of 218
I still vote for later in the month because I have a possible conflict on the 15th and because I would have a better chance of receiving my SR-71B, balanced LCD-2/custom cables, and not that I could share, but JH-3A. :D

If I was to make it to a meet, I would bring

- laptop
- Headroom Ultra Micro DAC
- RSA Shadow
- ALO Rx
- ESW10JPN
- LCD-2 w/Whiplash recable
- Possibly DLIII and RPX-33. Anyone particularly interested in this gear?

It looks like the 15th is the popular date, though... I'm just really not sure yet if I'll be able to make it.

Jan 2, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #58 of 218
I think we should wait and go to Jude's place....Ill bring

macbook pro
cambridge dacmagic
CTH hybrid
LCD-2 re cabled with a hybrid UPOCC and OFC cable

Jan 2, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #59 of 218
The 15th should work fine for me. I did sign up for a amateur radio technician license class that is held on Saturdays through January and February. It 11a-1p and Ann Arbor is about an hour and a half drive from Kalamazoo. What time frame are we looking at?

Also, I plan to bring my ATH-A700s. Currently, they are my only headphones. I can bring my PC too. I have a number of CDs ripped to FLAC and have the Asus STX.

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #60 of 218
Either date would work for me. 

I'm interested in hearing what my RE-Zeros sound like balanced :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back